Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: The Sweetest

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cindy!


My card today is one that was just meant to be.  I just got the stamp set - literally I had walked into the house from meeting my Stampin' Up demonstrator, put the bag at my desk, saw that Cindy had her sketch ready and that the stamps worked perfectly.  

FMS The Sweetest

Even getting the stamps was meant to be. They were on Stampin' Up's retired list and until I was going through the list, I hadn't ever noticed this set.  Do you ever do that?  It happens to me a lot when the new catalog comes out.  When I get done with my wishlist, often at least half of it is old stuff!  My theory is that in an earlier catalog that set was on a page with something I adored - so I never noticed the set. Then the new catalog put it somewhere else and it popped out at me. This set was in the Occasions catalog and I never, ever noticed it - I would have been sad had I missed it!

I always struggle with peaches - because they really aren't very peachy - they are yellow and orange and red - and quite bright! I wanted to keep this card soft.  

Hope to see you playing along!!

SUPPLY LIST

I used a few retired colors!  The peach and background paper are Stampin' Up Crisp Cantaloupe. The leaf is Pistachio Pudding.

I have linked the stamp set - but you have to hurry because it is retiring.

13 comments:

  1. Haha, I always struggle with the peach color, too... Not peach! :-)
    This is such a pretty, clean, soft card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set too - fun! Your soft colors work perfectly here! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!!! I LOVE the colors you used. You rocked this sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a delightful card Kim!! Love the soft colors and the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! So soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely fresh card

    ReplyDelete
  7. A *peach* of a card in every way, Kim! Hmmmm...maybe I need to find a Stampin' Up person in my part of the world. No one locally, but perhaps someone down the road. On my 'must do' list...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before now, I never really thought about peaches not being very peachy, but you are 100% right. Who in the world came up with the color peach, then, apparently based on nothing! The color peach aside, your card is just perfect. The gingham background puts me in mind of summer cookouts where fresh fruit is always on the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great card! I love the fruit! The colours are soft and perfect! The sequins are so fun too! I usually find the stamp sets I like when it's too late!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous color scheme! My mind is blown by your thoughts on the peach color--so strange indeed! Probably why I can't make up my mind if I like "peach" colors or not! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this card as soon as I saw it in the private page - it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!