Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Floral Thanks

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle.


I just got my first new catalog order from Stampin' Up, but what do I do? I went back to an older die set!  I actually started out with a different plan using new stuff, but the flowers that I had planned on using were just a bit too small and delicate for my card idea. I realized that I had never used these dies and figured they were bold enough to carry off this idea!

FMS Thanks

You definitely must head over to the FMS blog. Besides the usual group of amazing designers, we have two fabulous guests. And as usual, there is a wide variety of inspiration - from elegant to sweet to a couple of charming pigs!

SUPPLY LIST


10 comments:

  1. What a stunning card!! I love that flower you used and the beautiful, fancy leaves. I know what you mean by having an idea with the new stuff and then it not working. LOVE what you used, though. Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and striking! Those flowers are perfect! Love the colors! And my cards never end up where I thought they were headed.....always an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and clean, and a fun use of the sketch! This card makes me think of a tropical island. Aaahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of those dies and such a clever take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I comment on your gorgeous card: my husband is in Colorado Springs right. this. minute (and will be, until Sunday) taking a bike-racing officials course at USA cycling. I so wish I could have come along for the trip, because maybe we'd have had a chance to meet! Work, however, keeps me here! I'll have my husband wave in your direction from his hotel room *grin* to let you know I'm thinking of you! Anyway...your big is gorgeous! The colours, striking!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous card Kim! I love that flower and totally need to get my hands on those dies!!! Love the accents too! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card Kim - I love your use of these dies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a perfect set of die cuts for this sketch. It couldn't be more perfect. Love the embellishments, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!