Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Just for You

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy.


I decided the big center panel would give me room to use an over-sized sentiment.  I also used some of my favorite paper.  I think it's gorgeous but I never, ever use it. Although I can appreciate it, it's very busy for my style.  However, with just one big sentiment a busier paper still looks fresh.  Then I plopped down my favorite flower for an accent.  Very, very simple!

FMS Just for You

It's a good flexible sketch - I hope to see you all playing along!!  It's going to be a fun gallery to browse with the wide variety of cards that I think we'll see!

SUPPLY LIST

I've been talking about my 8 hours of cleaning and organizing in my craft room a week and a half ago.  This paper is one of the many things that I rediscovered.  I remember HAVING to have this paper from last year's Stampin' Up catalog - Pretty Petals.  LOVE the colors.  It's already retired and I'm just getting around to using it.  The stamp is also retired from this year's Sale-a-Bration catalog - Botanicals for You (although I didn't use any of the "botanicals"!)  The lighter coral cardstock is the retired Crisp Cantaloupe.

13 comments:

  1. I love how you used the busy paper for the background! It really takes some of the "busyness" out of it! (I never could quite figure out how to use this pattern, though it is VERY pretty). It's the perfect backdrop for the lovely sentiment. Very crisp and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that paper too! And you created the perfect flower partner on the side! The big sentiment shines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card! The simplicity really makes it shine. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card! The simplicity really makes it shine. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Kim! I have the same die set, and they are the most used of anything in my stash. The bold stamp you used is perfect for the dsp, and i like how you covered the whole cardfront without leaving a border. The embellishments you chose are just right, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use that pretty dsp! And I love how you've paired it with that large sentiment. It's perfect for the sketch! Beautifully done, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This bold sentiment among poppies is absolutly delightful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! That big, bold sentiment is perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to adopt your idea to use my busier paper as a background for big sentiments. It's a great look and a good compromise for those hard to use patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so gorgeous Kim! I love that background paper! The flower is perfect and that giant sentiment...amazing! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an awesome card, Kim. I love you choice of DSP with that pretty flower, and the big bold sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of the paper Kim, this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!