The blog is The Paper Players. Their monthly schedule of challenges is:
Week One: Theme Challenge
Week Two: Colour Challenge
Week Three: Clean and Simple Challenge
Week Four: Sketch Challenge
Week Five: Anything Goes
I like the variety of challenges, but what I really like are the design team cards and the participant cards - they are totally my style!! I read their entire blog because I kept finding cards to CASE and other fun ideas! So even if you are not a challenge player - you can get great ideas from this site.
This week's challenge is a sketch and here is my card:
I was playing at a friend's house yesterday and pulled out this Stampin' Up set called Happiness Shared. I had never noticed it in the catalog. It's a sweet image, but I really didn't know it was there. I always laugh at myself when a new catalog comes out because a chunk of my order always includes stamps that were actually in the old catalog. For one reason or the other, I never noticed them, but the new catalog has them placed differently or has great samples - and now they pop out at me.
This next card is an example of finding fun ideas on this challenge site. A winner from their most recent clean and simple challenge included a very unique use of a border punch that I have used on this card:
It's so easy to do and I love that woven look. You can find instructions for this technique at Linda's Stampin Loft.
FYI: I am NOT good at random. I tried a number of times to place the flowers on this card randomly but still looking clean and balanced. I could not do it. So I browsed my files to get ideas. The "random" placement of these flowers is a CASE from a card by Kay at Stamping to Share.
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Happiness Shared, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Ink: Staz-on Black, Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive
- Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride CS and dsp, Black
- Accessories: Stampin' Up Oval and Scalloped Oval punches, Martha Stewart border punch
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Awash with Flowers, Papertrey sentiment from Take 3 Summer
- Ink: Stampin' Up Regal Rose, Peach Parfait, Rose Red, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi
- Paper: Stampin' Up Regal Rose, dsp scrap unknown
- Accessories: Stampin' Up Rose Grosgrain, border punch, gems