Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Hogs & Kisses

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren.


I did a farm card last week and shared fond memories of summers on my grandparent's farm in eastern South Dakota. I must have still had those memories in my thoughts as I sat down to work on this card - because I saw a sunrise over a field. 

FMS Hogs & Kisses.

I have no idea why I added a pig.  Grandpa and Grandma did not have pigs. I've probably offended them both given they raised prize-winning Hereford bulls! But that little guy looked out at me from the set of stamps and won my heart (and in all honesty, he fit in front of the sun!)

I hope to see everybody playing along - it's a wonderful, flexible sketch and I look forward to seeing the variety of cards that everybody makes!

SUPPLY LIST

14 comments:

  1. Well that little piggy is adorable out there in the field! Sweet homespun card! Love the summery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not be cuter! Great use of the sketch and TE products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous pineapple and I LOVE the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable. thanks for making me smile today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little pig is adorable and perfectly sized for the sketch :) Wonderful card using perfect colors and patterns for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a cute pig! I'd spend summers with my grandparents on their farm in Kansas when I was a kid. One of my least favorite chores was feeding the pigs. If only they had been as cute as the one on your card, I might have liked them more. Your card makes me think of summer, and the gingham background is perfect for a farm scene. Cute card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mix of patterns and that cute little piggy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah....that pig totally needed to be there. Because he is adorable. Such a fun take on the sketch. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, Cute, Cute! Hogs and kisses, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fantastic card Kim! I totally love that little piggy and that fabulous sentiment! Love the background papers and that fence! All too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Herefords notwithstanding, this little piggy (pun intended) is just the right farm animal for your little scene! Just look at the cute expression on his face! He's so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card! I'm guessing that it would not at all be offensive to any farmer. :) I love the gingham DSP you chose. It really gives it that down-home country feel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! This card totally makes me smile it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little piggy and chick are just so darn cute, sitting in their colourful field, enjoying the polka-dot sunshine! Country charming...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!