Monday, June 13, 2016

Taylored Expressions: Enjoy the Journey

I have wanted to use the Taylored Expressions Sky High - Airplane die since it came out a couple of months ago, but I just didn't have any ideas.  I wanted to pair it with "enjoy the journey" as a card for when my son heads off to college this fall.  (In fairness, he'd probably prefer a jet or something more cool than this cute little plane - but I like it, so he's getting the cute little plane.)

The style of the card was driven by him being the recipient.  I think the little plane would be cute on a simple white card with a sky full of white die cut clouds (I'll have to try that one another time).  But my son needed more color.  I pulled out the Build a Scene 6x6 Paper Pad with the idea of it having nice basic patterns that I could build into a fun card.  Check it out!

TE Enjoy the Journey

There's leafy ground. The brick pattern is supposed to be brick wall/fence. I used the fun cloud paper and then some polka dots for the sun.  Even the pilot's scarf is patterned paper.

TE Enjoy the Journey CloseUp

Although I do love the way the strips of paper look, I wanted to add a bit more interest, so I narrowed the card by about 3/8" of an inch and stuck the back of the airplane off the card.  The card is still a standard 4 1/4" wide which means it fits in an envelope.  The easiest way to do this is to use grid paper or a paper that is 4 1/4" wide and line it up.

TE Enjoy the Journey Detail


I do hope my son enjoys his journey.  He's taken the long way to get there, but I think he's finally found a goal and is excited about starting his own life. I still have a few months with him home, but I know it's going to get busier and busier for all of us. Now I have a card tucked away.

SUPPLY LIST


4 comments:

  1. I like the cute little plane and I think your son will too! A delightful card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for your son as he heads off to life's latest adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!