Sunday, June 19, 2016

Merry Monday: Warm & Wonderful

I'm actually having fabulous weekend at my craft desk. Having said that, about six hours yesterday was cleaning and organizing and I have a few more hours to go today.  I actually like to organize - so much so that I'm a little thrilled when things get out of control so I can re-organize!!  Sad, huh?  But I also always re-discover things that I meant to use. In this case, I came upon a Ziploc of dies that I could not put away until they were used, but the entire bag had slipped under a stack of finished cards so I totally forgot them.  As fate would have it, one of the dies were stacked teacups - and the Merry Monday challenge this week includes a photo with stacked teacups!


I added some greenery and some flowers with yellow centers for this "warm & wonderful" greeting.

MM Warm & Wonderful

I may have gotten a little carried away with the yellowed background but my new toy this week are the Clarity Stencil Brushes that are all the buzz right now.  A few of my blogging friends got them and raved over their ability to do soft backgrounds.  Until recently I only saw them at overseas shops. About a week ago, I saw them pop up in the new section at Simon Says but fairly pricey at $25.  They are also at artistsupplysource.com for $10 less but are backordered.  So I stuck them on my Simon Says wishlist and signed up for email notifications at artistsupplysource and figured I'd wait a bit.  Less than 12 hours later, Jennifer McGuire came out with her video on Clarity Stencil brushes - I can't tell you how fast I bought them out of my Simon Says wishlist because once she does a video on a product - good luck finding it!!  But I got them!! And you can see my first ever soft background!!  

(Just a small detail - I got the flowers and greenery adhered to the cups and something was out of balance. The base of the teacup was actually covered by the flowers so the cups appeared to have nothing to sit on.  I just cut another piece out of the bottom of the die and adhered a second base slightly lower.  Problem solved!)

SUPPLY LIST


10 comments:

  1. Awesome design for the challenge this week Kim. Love every detail! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your teacups are darling Kim - looks like a winner to me - i've had my clarity brushes for a few months and absolutely love them - they make a background so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning and sweet at the same time. I love the colors and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kim! (I wish I would discover a bag of die cuts that had something this pretty in it on my desk!!) I may have to look into the Clarity stencil brushes, too...they do make such a soft background! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a perfect time to find these tea cups all ready to go! I've order the stencil brushes but they haven't arrived yet. It doesn't look like you stenciled. Did you just use the brushes to add ink to the background? LOL, I'm not sure I know what to do with them when they come! Oh, and thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! I think his would work at CAS Mix Up too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Kim and great timing for you to find the stacked tea cup diecuts...they did work perfectly for this challenge! And I love your soft yellow background!! My Clarity Stencil Brushes are on a waitlist over at SSS till later this week...so excited to get them!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky that you found the bag of dies just in time to make this PRETTY card!! What a great die!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beauty Kim! Your sponging is perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pretty stack of Christmas-themed teacups, Kim. The background adds lovely impact. I also saw Jennifer's video and yes, the brushes are on my wish list (where they'll sit for a bit until that dollar of ours smartens up!). I like to organize as well; clearing out clutter is on my 'do' list once school is done (and we're back from our quick trip to Montana June 30-July 3rd...bike race for my husband, of course),
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!