Monday, May 20, 2013

WPlus9 Mood Board: Hey Sweetie

This week's WPlus9 Monday Mood Board is just full of bright colors and confetti and diagonal stripes and all kinds of festive things.  So I took out one of my what-was-I-thinking purchases - my neon inks.  I have to pull them out every so often because I did spend money on them and they deserve some use!!

Hey Sweetie


I have a question for you.  Do you see those striped straws(?) in the bottom left of the inspiration photo?  How are people using them?  I got a few in a monthly Simon Says Stamp kit and then I saw that Hobby Lobby is also carrying bags of them in the stamping section.  But I've never actually seen them used.  Does anybody have any ideas or links?

  • Stamps: WPlus9 Pile It On and "Celebrate" from Label Layers 4
  • Paper: Astrobrights Glow Cardstock
  • Ink: Hero Arts Neon Orange, Green and Pink, Papertrey Ink Classic Kraft
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Pile It On dies, Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder, Timeless Twine Krazy for Kraft


11 comments:

  1. Your neon colours are perfect for your summery card. I haven't seen the straws in use but perhaps for pinwheels??

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your neon inks came in handy, because they helped to make this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kim, the 'what was I thinking' neon inks are absolutely delightful on this card. Love it! Perhaps an avenue to explore down the road. As for the straws, certainly interesting. Perhaps they'd work on the PS Think Fast drink stamp. Looking forward to what others share. Hope you're having a great Monday!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim your neon is fantastic! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, these neon ice cream cones are fantastic, Kim ... so vibrant and summery! Haven't seen the straws used yet ... maybe a dimensional fence, simple border or chevron pattern? Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I keep seeing your name in the winner's circles for practically every challenge you enter...and I'm not surprised! So much talent in one person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those neon inks were MADE for this challenge, Kims, and your card is a perfect riot of color and fun!!

    I think I've seen those straws used as candles on a birthday card, and they're really cute for that. Here is a cute one I found on Pinterest: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanlaardesigns/5787199222/

    Sorry, I don't know how to add a link inside a comment. The name is "Heidi Van Laar" in Flickr and the post date is May 16, 2011. (Guess the rest of the world is just catching up with her, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim
    Love these florescent bright colours ... Fabulous card....
    Hugs sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time you pull those neons out ... I love what you come up with! Can't help with the straws, Kim! Haven't seen them used. Are they the new best thing? Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, the neon ice creams made it onto a card - looks like a fun party to me! Ready to put your card designing brain on overdrive. Have a look:

    http://www.crookedbrains.net/2010/01/design.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!