Thursday, May 30, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch! Hello and Have Faith

This is my second post today.  The Alley Way
Stamps blog hop is just a short scroll away!

It's time for a new sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch!  I predict lots and lots of people will play along because everybody love pennants and flags!


I went for a bright and cheerful "hello" simply because it was a good chance to use a variety of papers from a fun pad of paper!  This is a lot of patterns for me, but backed with all of that white - it still feels CAS.

hello

I have two cards for you today.  I actually started in an entirely different direction and was quite happy with the result, then I realized that I had used the same soft patterns last week.  (Not that anybody but me would notice!)  I did want you to see this though, mainly because of this wonderful sentiment.

Know that He will

Be sure to play along this week - it's a great sketch and, obviously, you can go in lots of directions!

BIG NEWS: The downloadable Copic charts for color matches to Stampin' Up and
Papertrey Ink have been updated for the brand new Stampin' Up colors and the
most recent Papertrey Ink colors.  The link to these charts is on my side bar to the right!!

Hello
  • Stamps: none
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Island Indigo, Pebbles Seen & Noted
  • Ink: none
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Happy Hellos and Fishtail Dies, Papertrey Ink Aida Cloth Impression plate, corner rounder, May Arts twine
Know that He will
  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Be Encouraged
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Blushing Bride and Sahara Sand, My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing Lavender
  • Ink: Memento Black
  • Accessories: My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing lavender Cutie Pie buttons, misc gems, pearls and enamel dots

22 comments:

  1. Both cards are amazing, Kim. I love the die cut word in the first but the serenity of the 2nd card is also very nice. Happy Thursday!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards, Kim! You've given me great ideas with your first one, as I have that patterned paper (part of my SSS splurge!). Excited to play with some patterns, words and dies! Thanks for the inspiration, and especially the comments on my blog - sparkles added to my day! Have a terrific Thursday.
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOTH are out of this world Kim, but I really love the colors on the first one! Hope you're enjoying a lovely day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love both cards! This is a wonderful sketch so hope to find some time to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, Kim! I love all the patterns and fun mix of colors on your first card and the soft colors and sentiment on your second card are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are both beautiful and meaningful!
    Inspirational, thanks for sharing!
    Bye from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the waffle texture white with all those wonderful colours and patterns on your first card, Kim ... the second is gorgeously soft and gentle, and with such a perfect (and true) sentiment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim I LOVE the white space and pops of color and pattern you added to the first card!!!! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two Kim beauties on one post is icing on the cake to end the day!! Your eye for color and what colors to use with what design elements and sediments is incredible, Kims. You have a teaching blog and I am a grateful student!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, two amazing cards and both the same but then very different. You are such a wonderful source of inspiration, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both your cards are gorgeous Kim. Great choices of papers, I especially love the brights with the neg cut sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both cards...so very different, but both are fantastic. I always love visiting your blog...your cards just make me smile. (And your right, that sentiment is fantastic.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fabbie cards Kim, I love the soft colours of the second one. mr Toucan made me smile too! Have a lovely weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these are fantastic ... Seriously! I am loving your recent adventure with the soft, feminine but your bright one is fab too! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both versions, Kim--the bold and the soft!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Pretty cards Kim! Love your paper & color combos esp. with the hello card, very cool effect with the die cut and this layout! Love the Be Encouraged set & your selection. I just got my set in the mail, looking forward to using it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I came to tell you how much I love your sketch card and found so much more great stuff in addition! Everything is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HUGE CONGRATS for your May Favourite Find win at My Favorite Things Kim :)
    LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're it, Kim! The MFT May Favorite Find! Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Faith card is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i saw this on Amy Kolling's Facebook page and thought...I love that card, how the paper was used and all the white space. so I clicked it to comment and GUESS WHO MADE IT?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!