Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Birthday in Starfruit

I have a dear friend who has a bigger collection of stamps than I do.  Can you believe it??  And she lets people come and play with her stuff multiple times a month.  You can bet that those days go on my calendar immediately and nothing gets in the way!

It was her birthday this week and, since she is a Stampin' Up demo, I definitely wanted to go all Stampin' Up on her card!  She's also a big fan of fall and fall colors (she even runs a Halloween blog).  When I pulled out the Pop-Up Posies kit and saw that it had Summer Starfruit brads - I decided it could all work perfectly together for her card!

Birthday in Starfruit

If you happen to get Stampin' Up catalogs, this Pop-Up Posies kit is in the current mini catalog.  The samples are fabulous with each flower having 8 to 10 layers - so much incredible dimension!  But, I'm mailing this, so decided to give it a try with just two layers.  It's definitely better with 10 layers but I think it is still fun and unique this way - it's like mini coffee filters!!!

I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Well-Scripted
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit, Comfort Cafe dsp
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Pop-Up Posies kit (brad, flower, label panel), Bird punch (leaves), embossing border folder, gems colored with Copics

15 comments:

  1. How cool is this?! Love those Pop-Up Posies and that sweet button for its center. That Summer Starfruit is such a fun color too. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your card is lovely, with its "coffee filter" posies that are just so sweet! The script birthday is stunning - works perfectly with your colours and layout. Yes indeed, some 'learning new techniques' for me here! Thanks so much for commenting on my sympathy cards, and I agree - 10,000 hours will not see me a 'master crafter' for sure!! Have a fantastic Saturday. I'm off to TAWS shop...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. The summer starfruit is perfect with the kraft ... love all the dimension from the two layer coffee filter flower and it's wonderful bold brad centre! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful...and I hate yellow...go figure?

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww...stampy play dates...so much fun! Lovely colors on your card...mini coffee filters...love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! I'm sure your friend will love it! I love the posie!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't going to be a fan of Summer Starfruit but I love this card! Maybe the Crumb Cake tones it down but let's it still shine! Anyway, this is a really pretty card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Like you I have a friend who has oodles of SU stuff too, much more than I have, and she is very generous with sharing. I feel so fortunate to have that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So that's what those are?! You are my inspiration once again, Kims! I got this kit a few months ago. I noticed it does have an instructional sheet in there, but since I haven't opened it yet (yes, another virginal product!), I have been wondering why there were teeny tiny cupcake holders in the kit! I'll be darned. Needless to say, this will be CASEd at some point, so TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the two layer posy! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, Kim! Love the colors and all the embellies you used:especially the cute flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mini coffee filters - my thought exactly! How fun are those. Love that chartreusy color too. And that sentiment is gorgeous. I'm not a Stampin Upper (don't tempt me!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Kim, your colors are so striking. Thanks for the info your friends Halloween blog, Halloween is my favorite holiday and there are so many fun things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have one of those friends too - not so close but so incredibly generous with her stuff...so nice to have someone who 'gets' how exciting it is to get inky :)
    Love that big brad & the fabulous bright yellow - so cheerful for a birthday! So glad you could come play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still haven't warmed to Summer Starfruit ... But somehow you make it look stunning! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!