Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A New Day at Joyful Creations

As I promised yesterday, my blog has had face-lift.  If you are viewing this in a blog reader - be sure to bring up my actual blog and see the changes.  I am absolutely thrilled.  The wonderfully talented Jackie Rockwell, who is taking a break from her personal blog, is still offering graphic design services and I decided to treat myself.  Don't you love her design??

Jackie is great to work with too.  You can be as involved in selecting themes, colors, fonts, etc. as you want.  Personally, the only thing that I really had a big part in is the colors.  She directed me to a great website - {design seeds} and I paged through until I found something exciting.

I also requested the butterfly.  If you have been with me a long time, you know that this blog started because of a church card ministry that my mother started and named "Joyful Creations".  I've always loved the symbolism of a butterfly - death and resurrection - and wanted to include a butterfly as long as it wasn't cutesy.  I love what Jackie came up with.

I did want to re-open my blog with a few cards - using my new blog colors and butterflies!!  The first is a send out to Jackie - you are amazing!

You're So Amazing

Then I have a bright and cheerful birthday card for Seize the Birthday!  I got the Small Circle Burst from Memory Box and haven't had a chance to use it - it seemed perfect for this sketch challenge!
Enjoy Your Special Day



Then I did one more card to represent my Christian cardmaking roots.  This card uses the current sketch at retrosketches.

God Is Our Refuge

Thank you so much for checking out my blog!!   I am so over the moon excited by my new look, if you are even thinking about getting a new look for your blog - be sure to check out Jackie's services!

You Are Amazing
  • Stamps: Verve Amazing Wishes
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, More Mustard, Bermuda Bay, Sahara Sand
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand
  • Accessories: Memory Box Tessatina Border, MFT Fishtail dies, Stampin' Up Butterfly Punch and white Taffeta Ribbon
Enjoy Your Special Day
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Beautiful Butterflies
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, More Mustard dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade
  • Accessories: Papertrey Butterfly Signature Series die, Love Lives Here die, and Hawaiian Shores button, The Twinery Caribbean twine, Memory Box Small Circle Burst die
God is Our Refuge
  • Stamps: Verve single - Psalm 46:1
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand, Poppy Parade
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up embossing folder (retiring this month!), Paperrey Love Lives Here die, The Twinery Caribbean, Divine Twine Cheery, My Mind's Eye Twine Ginger

40 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, Kim!! I also have that Memory Die (Circle Burst)and it was super fun to create! Your first card is beautiful!! That last one is just delightful with the twine treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh la la and WOW - your new site - a collaboration of your 'vision' and Jackie's ability to make that vision real - is stunning. Fresh, inviting, lovely! How wonderful that you are showcasing her new ad(venture), as she put it on her site! As for your cards today: beautiful in every way! Vibrant, thoughtful, heart-warming. Your enthusiasm is infectious: love your 'new' look!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lot of fun working with you Kim! Your cards are sheer perfection, love how you used your new blog design for inspiration in making them. :)

    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim your new blog look is fabulous, good work Jackie. Love all three cards too, the colour scheme is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow!!! Gorgeous. It suits your amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your brilliant new look blog, Kim ... what a wonderful collection of butterfly cards to celebrate! I particularly love the last one ... such a beautiful psalm! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blog...both cards are so fabulous...love all the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards. love the color scheme you chose for your new blog. I read your ipad apps articles. Thanks for the information. I am really excited about PhotoMgrPro. ALso love the idea of Chronicle and Palu. A question for you, have you ever tried Evernote? I just started exploring. I like that I can share the post from Feedly to Evernote to keep notes and further export inspiration photos to SKETCHBOOK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new look!!! Fantastic butterfly cards ~ (and the circle burst has just been added to my ever growing wishlist.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off your blog looks amazing. I love what Jackie did with it. Now those cards are fantastic and I think my favorite is the first one. The colors on that white are just pure perfection to this CAS loving girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bloggie face-lift! AWESOME.

    Fabulous cards...really love how you were inspired by the STB sketch...gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful debut of your new blog Kim!!! What a fun idea to tie all of your cards into your new color scheme! Jackie did a wonderful job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great new look for your blog! Loved that it inspired you to make not one but three beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the new look! And it's so nice that you celebrated with some cards in complementary colors! Every time I visit I find something new that I want to add to my stash. Today it's that fab circle burst die. {Sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new blog design and the cards - but then I always love your cards!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sleek.........clean.......classy.....with just the right pop of color........wonderful look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. girl these are all awesome!!! :)
    Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the look!
    Jackie will soon start working on mine! So excited!
    Your cards are breathtaking!
    Stunning Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the new look...it's clean, crisp and simply appealing to the eyes. Great cards as well, my favorite is the first. Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome look and awesome creations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog looks amazing Kim, and your cards are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jackie is awesome and I love what she did with your blog. The colours are fresh and lovely!! Great card too Kim, that circle die cut is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I absolutely love your new blog design. So organized neatly and lovely! I think the color scheme and butterfly go together perfectly. Needless to say, your cards are beautifully CAS. BTW, thanks for sharing your story about how your started your blog. I enjoyed reading it.

    xo,
    May

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, I absolutely love your new blog design. So organized neatly and lovely! I think the color scheme and butterfly go together perfectly. Needless to say, your cards are beautifully CAS. BTW, thanks for sharing your story about how your started your blog. I enjoyed reading it.

    xo,
    May

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the new look Kim and your fab cards in your new 'blog colour'! Jackie is amazing I have to agree!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the new blog look Kim, ( I had a new make-over recently too...must be Spring). Beautiful cards here again too, just love the first with the lovely bright butterflies esp. :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW!!
    Your cards are great!!
    Love the clean, crisp feel of them and the contrast with the colours you used is just great. Love the white banner on the first card and the white diecut! The little pearls are a real finishing touch.
    The second card is fab!
    Love, love the Layout of this one!
    Your third card is sooo elegant and what a beautiful sentiment!
    Great colourcombo.
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring!!
    Bye from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful new look and amazingly beautiful cards. I too LOVE the last one with the Psalm! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your blog's new look makes me *sigh*. It's so wonderfully CAS, and has just the right amount of oomph. Your cards are gorgeous. Love how you've used your blog's new colors on your butterflies. Such stunning cards. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE your new blog look! It's bright and clean and perfect. Your cards are amazing, as always. That circle burst is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! Your cards are stunning, it's hard to choose a FAVE!! Your blog is awesome too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your blog look is fabulous! Thanks for the tip about Jackie. Boy do I like how you make cards--these are all so eye-catching--really terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fabulous cards Kim and what a great makeover, such a fresh design. Love the butterfly and the font. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's so you, Kims! Jackie has really captured you in the fresh design of your new look and you have, in turn, captured your new look in your sensational cards!! You are on top of the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Had to come see this card when I saw it at the Retro gallery - and I'm so glad I did. Congrats on your new look and what fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  36. FABULOUS cards Kim & LOVE your new look :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a fab face-lift!! love the colours you chose and look at you, all colour co-ordinated with your first cards on your new look blog :0) All are gorgeous creations.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Big congrats on the RU over at Seize the Birthday. Great card. Well done and well deserved. Woohoo! Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!