Thursday, May 2, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch: Treasure Friendship

It's time for a new sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!  It's a nice, clean and very wide-open sketch for your interpretation - I look forward to seeing the variety of entries!!


I had this ribbon sitting on my desk.  I've been in a serious purge mood but I just  could not decide about this ribbon.  I love the colors - but I never use wide ribbon - so why keep it??!!  Then I glanced at this sketch and realized that I could use wide ribbon!!


Treasure Friendship

It's the perfect funky floral for that sentiment!

Check out all of the fun design team inspiration at CAS(E) this Sketch! then give it a try.  I love looking each day to see what others have done!

  • Stamps: Verve Treasured Words
  • Paper: black and white
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: ribbon from Hobby Lobby, Stampin' Up Dahlia Assortment, Doodlebug twine

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous inspiration!
    Thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! So glad you kept that ribbon - it's perfect here. Great sentiment too. Love the little dahlia in the corner. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it when a plan comes together! lol! Great colours and texture from the ribbon and dahlia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - and what a 'find' with the ribbon! Pretty, plus! Love the sentiment, the colours, the whole works! Another eye-catcher and day-brightener! Hope your new round of courses is going well, and that you receive an A++++ on your marketing paper.
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ribbon is beautiful and perfect for the sketch! I absolutely LOVE that sentiment. Going to check it out now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that ribbon is so pretty...i never use wide ribbon either because..how could you tie that on a card??, but this is just the perfect way to make it work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some lovely ribbons but struggle to use them... this is fantastic Kim, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, Kim! Will have to remember that! Might even get some more ... Cos I don't have a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card... Love the colours...
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeousness, Kim, lovely colour palette ... so glad this ribbon wasn't purged! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, kinda spooky that we both had ribbon on our desks begging to be used!! I can't believe that beautiful panel is ribbon!! Another jaw-dropping creation, Kims!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Kim and I love the yellow, black and gray combination on your ribbon and your sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that flower button and patterned paper! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness--you're right! This sketch is perfect for a wide ribbon. Time to stop hoarding some of mine--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!