Friday, May 3, 2013

TAWS BE Inspired: Crazy About You

The current BE Inspired challenge at The Alley Way Stamps is a rainbow of color on a black background.


I'm not a black background kind of cardmaker - but decided to give it a try.

Crazy About You
I wasn't entirely certain about this card, so I asked my men and boys.  They liked it!  You have to understand that they don't say they like things just to spare my feelings.  Typically they tell me that my cards have "too much".  Really?  My cards??  They will also tell me they don't like the bling, or the colors, or that I have a smudge or that I colored out of the lines.  It's a good thing that I have a healthy ego.  So...while this card may not totally appeal to me...it appeals to my men/boys who don't want "too much"!  (On the other hand, each of them - even the teenagers -have kept the cards that I have made them over the years!!)
I was inspired by the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Lighter than Air (sentiment), Tag-alongs (chevron)
  • Paper: scrap
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel button, Divine Twine Black Licorice

20 comments:

  1. I think this card is very cute! Great job with the inspiration. Your guys sound like a hoot! I guess sometimes we do need candid criticism to keep our work top notch. Better from our loved ones than random strangers!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...I never ask my son or hubby about my cards...guys just dont appreciate sparkle and bling...it's just a shame!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, eye-catching card, Kim! When our "key" audience likes the 'art works' we make, we know it has to be FANTASTIC - and your guys did, and it is! Gorgeous! I ordered Lighter Than Air this week, and after seeing your card, I'm even more excited for its arrival. Have a great Friday...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the pop of black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it Kim, the black background is fab. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This could be on the cover of a book about making masculine cards, Kims! Stunning in every way!!

    (P.S. I like what you've done to the place!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your guys have great taste, Kim, this is perfect ... love the fine stripes on the black, the rainbow chevrons, the twine tied button ... well, all of it really! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Kim! I love that black background! It helps those bright chevrons stand out so nicely! Your boys were right! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Kim! Those colors just pop with your black background. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The black background is terrific! Love the subtle striping - and the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just perfect for a guy! Very stylish in a masculine way. I think we can all learn from this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it....love the bright colors on the chevrons. And it all looks stunning against the black background!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the bright colors against the black background. Your guys have good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this. And love the story about your men.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Kim, the pinstripe bkgd is awesome to showcase the bright chevrons :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love black backgrounds, and this one is fabulous! Great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well black backgrounds are something you should do way more often because this is FABULOUS!!! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great design! You are much too hard on yourself, Kim! The boys are right! Great take on the challenge! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome hard Kim...love the sharp, clean images and layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!