Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thank You Ever So Much with Hexagons

Everybody knows that I love challenges.  Virtually every card that I make starts with a challenge  - I need a starting point.  By taking one decision out of the equation - the sketch, the colors, the technique, my brain is freed up to be creative on the rest of the card.  I usually play one challenge on a card; maybe two.  But today I was looking at my Chronicle app (see iPod/Ipad app tab) which is my storage place for each day's challenges - and three of them called my name!!!

This card is the sketch from Nacho Average Challenge, the colors from colourq, and the hexagon challenge from CASology.

Thank You Hexagons





It's also one my rare cards that has a specific destination.  I have an incredibly gracious friend who regularly invites a group of friends over to her beautiful home to chat, drink coffee, knit - just be relaxed and happy.  As soon as I hit publish on this post, I am going to put a coffee cake in the oven, take a shower and head over to Carol's with my thank you card in hand.   Happy day!!

FYI - be sure to check out my new blog look created by the great Jackie Rockwell and debuted yesterday!!


  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Happy Hexagons, Simple Sentiments
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Sage Shadow
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Sage Shadow, So Saffron, Blush Blossom, Calypso Coral
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up button, Calypso Coral twine, MFT Fishtail dies, Lifestyle Crafts hexagon die, misc pearls


27 comments:

  1. Love this - it is Beautiful! Awesome job combining all 3 challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Kim! I like the way the hexagons cascade down the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is beautiful! CAS perfection, I love your sentiment strip and how you placed your hexagons perfectly with some popped up. You are most welcome to come to my home anytime with a coffee cake! Carol will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about your post is wonderful, from sharing how you start your cards with a challenge (same here), to the card itself - STUNNING - to the 'next steps' of delivering it to your friend. Since she and I share the same name, I can assure you that "this" Carol loves it, so "your" Carol most definitely will. I'm going to check out the app you use; perhaps I'll be better organized.
    Siggh..feeling happy having read/seen your morning note. Thank you.
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! And you're so right--challenges are a great place to start a card. Love your little dp hexies, and the baby pearls and sweet button. Very sweet card. Sure Carol will love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cas card and great job with all three challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card :-) ... looks great with the hexagons and the white spacce :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fresh pretty colours and all that white space! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super post, Kim, wonderful card, love the sweep of hexagons and that cute little twine tied button! Your friend Carol is sure to love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome!! love the hexagons used sparingly and the sentiment is great...that set is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Kim. Love it and the your new look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, Kim! The floating hexagons remind me so much of summertime bubbles! :) I love the little pearls and tiny twine bow you added to this fantastic CAS design!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    p.s. LOVE the new look here on your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fresh clean blog makeover! Sooooo Kim! Your card has such a clean fresh look, too! love the colours! How clever to combine 3 challenges. Must ask you how to add the Feedly & bloglovin' buttons ... But probably should try & work it out myself first! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, Kim. Love the placement of those hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, Kim, you have done it again...you have made another awesomely gorgeous hexagon card that will be pinned on Pinterest to infinity! You inspired me to buy the PTI hexagon stamps with your red and tan "friendship" hexagon card (it's FAMOUS by now, everywhere on Pinterest!). Now I'm so glad I bought it so I can CASE this card, too! Eeek! LOVE! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used this set..super sweet card. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful. Perfectly executed design, CAS perfection! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect combination of all three challenges! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous take on all 3 challenges, Kim! I love the floaty feel of the hexies traveling across the card. Really lovely! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    And your new blog looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to you on winning this week's CASology challenge...your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the well-deserved win from CASology, Kims, for your precious card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your CASology win, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, Kim, on your win at CASology with this wonderful thank you card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your well deserved win at CASology Kim, love your scattering of hexagons :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!