Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fusion: Allow Faith to be Your Guide

This is my second post today.

I needed to quickly throw together a confirmation card this morning.  I had tucked some links to confirmation cards into my inspiration file and I planned to totally CASE something because I really didn't have a lot of time.  I just couldn't do it.  I used to totally CASE all the time (and I mean totally copy cards without any adjustment to make it my own.)  Don't get me wrong, I CASE ideas all the time - I'm great at putting a bunch of ideas together on a card - I'm not so great at coming up with my own creative ideas.  I was fairly proud of myself when I realized I don't copy anymore!

I like the FUSION challenge this week and it was perfect for my card.  Obviously I used the layout.  I was also inspired by the muted colors and twine in the inspiration photo.

Faith

  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Spiritual Sampler
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Island Indigo, Sahara Sand, Fancy Pants Park Bench 6x6 dsp, Simon Says woodgrain paper
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accesories: Stampin' Up Butterfly punches, Papertrey letter dies, Zing white embossing powder

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kim. Love your touches of nature in the butterfly, dp and woodgrain on Faith. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. It's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE everything about this card, Kim! Your patterned paper choices, your placement of everything - oh this is SO right up my alley! This one is going the the "CASE (copy!) this" file right.now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. Love the sentiment-just perfect for confirmation. The colors are amazing. I love that bit of yellow surrounding the gray panel-makes it all really pop. Wonderful card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the patterned paper you added along with your white embossing. Very pretty Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all the layers and a great color combo, you have created a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely your own, Kims! Definitely, exquisitely, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A totally PERFECT confirmation card, Kim ... sooo beautiful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, Kim! All the elements you've included capture the essence of faith and confirmation, beautifully! I'll echo the others in saying: LOVE this!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! Love the pops of color! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABulous card Kim, gorgeous colours - so glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Giggle! I have gone from a 'do my own thing' to a compulsive CASE-r! My mojo has been too neglected ... That it has disappeared! Hugs xxx
    PS Love the beautiful colours on this one. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!