Monday, May 6, 2013

Deep in the Woods with TAWS

I have camped for my entire life.  My dad was a biology teacher (before he was my high school principal!) and loved hiking and camping in the Black Hills of South Dakota.  We took longer camping trips to Utah, California and Colorado in a pick-up truck with a camper topper.  That was back in the days before everything was "dangerous" so my brother and I got to ride on the camper bed over the cab of the truck - what a way to travel!!

Since I met my husband, camping has always been an important part of our lives - but it has changed over the years.  From backpacking with just the necessities in our packs - even sometimes in the middle of winter, to car camping with a tent but also coolers of great food and drink, to a pop-up camper (when the second child came along), and now - as old age sets in! - we have a small condo in the mountains.  We can hike, then come back to the hot tub with a glass of wine!!

So the new set Deep in the Woods by The Alley Way Stamps is going to see a lot of use in my house!!  A warm campfire and S'Mores makes for a perfect evening!

Lite My Fire

The Alley Way Stamps is now selling kits at a discounted price that include a stamp set (this one), paper (this is a piece from that pad), wood veneer and baker's twine.  Check it out!!  (I used different twine and the button doesn't come with it either.

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Deep in the Woods
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Studio Calico Darling Dar 6x6
  • Ink: Memento black, Copics
  • Accessories: May Arts twine, button from A Flair for Buttons, misc gems colored with Copics

9 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic (love the colours!) and your post - oh the memories you've sparked (once again!). A condo with a hot tub, nestled in the mountains, sounds delicious! Have a wonderful Monday, Kim!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now camping in a condo with a hot tub and a glass of wine is about the ONLY way I'd ever go camping (darn that fear of bugs and creepy crawlies!)! I love your card, so cheerful and sweet...perfect to give to a camping partner that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable! My favorite way to camp is when we were able to go with my BIL and SIL in their RV with air conditioning and heat. Sadly, they don't have it anymore...smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And there I was thinking I'd outgrown (out-aged?) camping ... your recent version sounds perfect, Kim! Love your cute card ... those firey tiny flying embers are fantastic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I remember those camping days and your card is a delightful ticket down that memory lane, Kims! I actually like your current header, but I can't wait to see what Jackie has done for you!! If you are giddy, I'm close to fainting over here with the anticipation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this funky card! Like you .... We now do 5 star camping ... But we don't have a condo in the woods! Sigh ... I wish! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I like this layout and stamps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!