Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: A Great Big Wish

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren and here’s what I did with it!
 
A Great Big Wish

I got the Stampin' Up Songbird Builder Punch as part of Sale-a-bration 2023. I don't have the coordinating stamp set. I like the way the punch works all by itself, but I have since added the stamp set to my wishlist because I just have to have the variety of sweet eyes that come with it!!  In the meantime, I used some gems to make his little eyes sparkle.

Everything else on this card is older.  The paper is the retired Sunshine & Rainbows which is one of my favorites even though some of the colors in it are retired.  The eyes are the Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems (as of this post, they are in the clearance section).  The sentiment is Sending You Thoughts (also retired). I'm having serious thoughts on the sentiment.  It's a set of coordinating in and out sentiments and I believe this is the second half of a sentiment.  I deliberately added it to the front because "happiness" just worked with the rainbows and the bird.  So the card will say "With a great big wish for happiness...happy birthday".  I think it works?!

A Great Big Wish

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Sending You Thoughts

Dies/Punch: Stampin' Up Songbird Builder Punch, Layering Circles dies

Paper: Stampin' Up Sunshine & Rainbows, Mango Melody, Misty Moonlight, So Saffron\

Ink: Stampin' Up Misty Moonlight

Other: Stampin' Up Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems

10 comments:

  1. That is a cute bird punch and your card is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 9 Bluebirds come to our deck rail for dinner each day, Kim! Your cutie can come, too! Such a darling dude for that spot!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sweet bird! Also, I love my extensive patterned paper collection but sometimes I just draw a blank for a particular pattern, so thank you for the inspo. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and I love that paper too - the perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the colors you've used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just so cute! Seeing the cute bird and fun paper just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Love that sweet bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun! I love his sparking eyes and the sweet rainbow paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, your choice of outside and inside sentiments work perfectly together! Just loving that cute little bird with all those rainbows in the dsp! Great design for this fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!