Monday, March 20, 2023

Hand Stamped Sentiments: Amazing Things

 The sketch Hand Stamped Sentiments inspired me to put together this mountain scene.

Amazing Things


I'm not exactly on with the sketch, but I was definitely inspired.  I have the arch, although mine is bigger. Then this particular die set didn't allow for a stripe behind it - so I added a strip on top and used it for my sentiment. 

I went pretty "flat" with this card. Usually I like dimension - I definitely go through a lot of dimensional adhesive - but I wanted this a bit more graphic. Then because of that look, when it came time to add leaves, I modeled them after Jeanne Jachna's card instead of grouping them more naturally on the branches. The scenery, except the rolling hills, comes with the Waffle Flower Forest Window die set.  For the mountains, I used both sides of the cut to get different mountains. 

Don't look too closely at the sentiment.  It's exactly what I wanted to say but the stamp is slightly damaged (probably by my overly-stuffed storage area) and the "f" over to the right doesn't stamp well.  I tried so SO many times to make it look good.  This particular version has the "f" but it's not stamped solidly on the left side of the stamp but I guarantee the recipient (my 27-year old son) will not notice so I moved on. 

Thanks to Hand Stamped Sentiments for the inspiration!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Pinkfresh My Favorite Things to Say

Dies: Waffle Flower Forest Window die, Memory Box Flying Gulls (I tried to pick one that didn't look so much like a gull since this is a mountain scene), Sizzix Darling Deer, Taylored Expressions Build a Scene - Snowdrifts and Build a Scene - Rolling Hills

Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Gray Granite, Highland Heather, Pool Party (with a little sparkle spritzed on it for the lake), Parakeet Party, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce, Soft Suede

Ink: Stampin' Up Shaded Spruce

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome! Love the crisp diecut scene - perfect color choices all over! Beautiful, Kim! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and a very clever take on our sketch. Such an incredible amount of detail and I love the addition of the deer. Thanks for playing with us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the prettiest little scene you've created, and all I can think of is "purple mountain majesty" when I look at the mountains! Your attention to detail is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a marvelous arch die and I like the scene you've created! I can see the sketch here, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!