Friday, March 24, 2023

The Paper Players: Spring Has Sprung

The challenge this week at The Paper Players is a Clean and Simple Challenge: Spring Has Sprung. I just got a sweet new flower die that I wanted to use for an Easter card. I added some cheerful and springy sunrise colors behind it.

The Paper Flowers: Spring and Easter


I fell in love with the Simon Says Stamp Posy die.  I needed another flower die like a hole in the head - but I didn't have anything quite like this. It is so sweet and so unique. In keeping with the clean and simple part of the challenge, all I did was added some sunrise stripes behind it and stuck it all to a scalloped frame. I did decide to emboss the background; I wanted it to be softer than stark white. I didn't even stamp the sentiment - it's clipped from a pre-printed set!

I actually posted five days this week.  It's been a long LONG time since I've done that. I know it wasn't serious and life-changing but my broken wrist and ankle last fall really made me take a look at everything I was doing.  First, I have to focus more on health and exercise - the broken stuff was a fluke accident but it really showed me how quickly things can change.  Second, my husband and I want to do more long weekends away - we did a road trip last fall that was spectacular and we want more of those.  Third, I'm an empty-nester and I want to start doing what I want to do and when I want to do it.  (That probably sounded a bit like a crotchety old lady, didn't it??)  The gist of all of this is I let go of two of my design teams.  It was SO hard - I loved them both. And it wasn't so much that I didn't like making the cards, but I HAD to do it and it HAD to be ready on a certain date and it HAD to be good.  Not to mention the photography side of it - getting a good picture is the worst part of blogging. So now I'll make the cards I want and I'll do it when I want!!  Last weekend, I wanted to make cards. Then if the picture isn't good - oh well.  I know good pictures make a difference, but I know I'll have some bad ones mixed in with the good. (I had one this week that it about killed me not to re-do!)

Enough about me - just wanted you aware of some changes around here.

Thanks to The Paper Players for the inspiration to use this beautiful Posy!

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Posy, Stampin' Up Scalloped Contours
Paper: Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Taylored Expressions Cupcake
Other: Simon Says Stamp Reverse Easter Wishes (not the same as the Reverse Easter set), Stampin' Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder


10 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful as always! Love the colors you chose for the background. I am totally with you on scaling back for the things that matter! I stepped down from several of my DTs too and although I loved all of them, it was good to have a breather! Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well as your pretty card today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of colour blocking Kim and outline dies - so win-win, this is so pretty (and of course you needed to add that die to your collection lol!) I totally understand where you're coming from on the blogging side of things; I love the process, but DT commitments can sometimes feel overwhelming. I hope your decisions enable you to create more freely moving forward - and remember most of us read for the enjoyment of the shared creativity, not the perfect photo ;-) So lovely to see you in the Paper Players gallery this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, Your card is simply beautiful and I love the posy die and fresh colors. I always read your blog posts, and really appreciate what you share. It's time I told you so! Kudos on your decision to keep stamping fun and enjoy the time you have in this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Kim! The flower die is stunning against the bright and cheery sunrise colors. I love the embossed texture on the card base. I am so happy you shared in my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see why you had to have this die, it's sweet! I looks wonderful cut in white and placed on that colorful background. You have to do what's best for you and it sounds like you gave it a lot of thought. I know where to find you and always look forward to your beautiful cards popping up in my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, Your card is so pretty. The die-cut on top of the blocking looks great. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is beautiful! I love the pop of color on the clean layout. Thanks so much for sharing this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a tough call to step down from DTs, but totally understandable. I'm just glad you're still with us at FMS :) Another gorgeous card with such fabulous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is wonderful - and so is your new outlook on crafting and life in general!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!