Saturday, March 25, 2023

Easter Gnomes!

Both the Global Design Project and Hand Stamped Sentiments gave me the inspiration for this Easter card for my husband. 

Easter Gnomes



This might not be the most exciting or creative card that I've ever made, but it is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for my husband. A big thank you to the challenges for helping with that.  First - the gnomes. Going back to Christmas, I had just planned on minimal decorating but it turned out that my box of favorite decorations was hiding behind and under all the rest of the decorations in a tiny closet.  So I actually considered not decorating.  Then I was wandering Hobby Lobby one day and a quirky little gnome just begged to be taken home.  Christmas at Hobby Lobby was 60 to 70% off at that point so why not grab some decorations that I could consider "disposable".  My husband couldn't believe his eyes when my beautiful decorations suddenly became a couple of the tackiest gnomes that I could find (I walked right by the sweet and charming gnomes) and then it was downhill from there.  We started trying to out-gnome each other!  And I ended up keeping all of them!!  My favorite was a pillow he found with two little gray-haired gnomes holding hands with her braids and his beard being 3D. Now it's Easter and I doubt it's even occurred to him that gnomes work for Easter too so when I saw these Easter gnome dies, I got giddy!

The sentiment is self-explanatory for any of you who are a certain age! Years ago, I started taking notes where the eggs were.  Sad, huh??  This stamp popped up in the new category at Simon Says months ago and was out of stock before I got it ordered. Luckily, they got it back just a week or so ago and I got it in time for Easter.

Isn't this all just why we do this hobby?  I have the perfect card for the recipient!!

An apology to Hand Stamped Sentiments. I tried so hard to just use those colors plus neutrals. I found a brown that had an orange tone for the carrot - but I just couldn't do it - so a little bit of orange just crept in. 

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Riley & Company Funny Bones Hide Our Own Eggs
Dies: Impression Obsession Easter Gnomes, Poppystamps Little Bits of Turf
Paper: Stampin' Up Fresh Freesia, Pear Pizzazz and Balmy Blue, Taylored Expressions Candy Corn, Papertrey Ink Cocoa Bean
Ink: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh - so CUTE! Easter gnomes! Love these little guys - perfect for our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and the sentiment made me laugh so hard, isn't it the truth! The color combo with the gnomes is so adorable! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! What a cute set, love how they each hold an egg, chocolate rabbit, and carrot 🥕, and the sentiment is so funny and true! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Easter gnomes, the sentiment and the story behind them! CUTE card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this card just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter! What a novel way to use the HSS color combo. Delightful. Thanks for joining us. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!