Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: A Trio of Daisies

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Judy and here’s what I did with it!
 
Layered Daisies


I flipped through my not-yet-used dies and came up with this layered daisy that came out round so perfectly fit the sketch!  Although I have to admit, I played with Easter Gnomes(!) for a while and they aren't round so consider the sketch as inspiration, not a rule!  (The Easter Gnomes were looking good but the sentiment that I specifically bought for them isn't going to get here on time so watch for them in the next few weeks!)

I'm generally all about the white base and there's a lot of color and black in this card. After I got those daisies cut, I really wanted them to pop so added lots of rich color and fun patterns. I didn't have a plan for this card as I was creating but with its cheerful look, I decided on Happy Birthday because I'm sure I'll use it. 

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Waffle Flower Elegant Sentiments and Dies

Dies: Memory Box Layered Daisies

Paper: Honey Bee Stamps Over the Rainbow

Other: Gina K Designs Lemonade Sequins

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is the most cheery card! I just love those daisies! Definitely adding those to my wish list! That background paper is so pretty as well! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a happy card! Love the daisies and the polka dots peeking our from under them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this card is perfect! The colours, the patterns and those gorgeous daisies all work to create a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way the daisies pop against the pretty rainbow paper, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kim. Love the pretty white daisies and that lovely background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Kim - those daisies create the perfect focal point and I love the rainbow paper and the alternating strips of colour too. So cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those daisies are quite pretty and almost look real! I love how the background dsp looks like tiny rainbows too. What a great spring-like take on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a bright happy card! Loving those dasies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These daisies are just delightful! I love that rainbow paper in the background and of course your perfect details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These daisies are absolutely gorgeous, Kim, and I love the happy colorful background you created for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!