Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Honeycomb Quilt

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy and here’s what I did with it!
 
Freshly Made Sketches: Honeycomb Quilt


I took the sketch as just a cluster of elements so I didn't really track with the big, mediums and smalls.  This sketch was challenging for me but only because I always have a personal side challenge each week - and that is simply to create a card that will be used. Before this sketch came out, I had already knew who in my life needed a card. Then I saw the sketch.  My recipient is over 90 years old and completely old school so I couldn't just do any old random grouping - that would generally scream modern and trendy and that is very much not her.  I did think about a bunch of butterflies and I was headed in that direction when I saw this quilt set from Concord & 9th. I LOVE the way this turned out.  The quilt pattern is just right for her and I think the inspiration from the sketch gave it an eye-catching twist. 

Freshly Made Sketches: Honeycomb Quilt

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Concord & 9th Honeycomb Quilt Top dies, Paper Smooches Flowers, Memory Box Butterfly Delights (the two small ones), Penny Black Flights of Fancy (the bigger butterfly)

Paper: Honey Bee Stamps Playful Pastels and Gingham Galore: Spring, Taylored Expressions cardstock in Lavender Glaze, Jelly Donut, Peapod and Pink Champagne, white glitter paper from Michaels

8 comments:

  1. I love this quilt inspired design! Beautifully done! And I create the same way - most of the time I have a recipient in mind and the card gets mailed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love how it turned out also. That honeycomb die is awesome...may have to check into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Kim! I love how you personalize your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely and charming, Kim, I think she'll love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this quilt design is gorgeous! I love it! Love your mix of patterns and colours! I'm fairly confident your recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt die is perfect for the sketch and your colours are so beautiful! The recipient is sure to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These hexagons and those delicate quilt fabric prints are so pretty. Classic and lovely for your recipient. What a great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super sweet take on the sketch, Kim! I love these soft fresh colors and the pretty mix of patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!