Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Color Throwdown: Little Birdies

 I am thrilled to be a guest at this week's Color Throwdown! It's a fabulous color combination - with blue, navy, yellow and coral. Here's what I did with it.

Two Little Birdies

These two little birdies have been sitting in my stash for a while just waiting for the right time to come out.  With all of the layers on them - it seemed perfect to pull them out for the four rich colors in this week's challenge.  The birds are both from Spellbinders.  I wanted something to sit them on so pulled out an older die from My Favorite Things. The die is called Stitched Strip, but it looks like telephone/power wires to me so it will always stay in my stash for cards just like this one!

Two Little Birdies

Those little birds were fun to make.  I had the pieces cut out in a variety of colors and fiddled with them until I looked the way the colors worked on each one. With that long sentiment, I put the birds to one side - there is definitely some birdie chatting going on between them!

Thanks to the Color Throwdown for the inspiration.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Printmaking Birds

Dies: Spellbinders Little Chickadee and Sweet Birdie, My Favorite Things Stitched Strip

Paper: Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue

Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy

3 comments:

  1. Kim, I love everything about this card - also love seeing someone else putting that stitching die to use! Your darling, colorful little birds are perhaps performing a duet of Spring songs?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim I love these birds so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cute diecut birdies are just adorable - I love the way each piece comes together to make the colourful finished bird. Awesome use of the stitched 'wires' die too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!