Saturday, December 17, 2016

Merry Monday: Christmas Fun

I'm down to needing five Christmas cards!!!  It's a bitter cold and snowy day here today, so I have the coffee brewed, the fireplace going, the tree lights on - and I'm going to finish!!

This first one is for a new office mate who gives us hourly updates as to whether it's going to snow on Christmas.  (If you are from the Denver, Colorado area you can relate given the weather forecast - and the weather - can change dramatically!)  Her two young nieces are coming from California.  They have been practicing playing in the snow by throwing their arms in the air and catching pretend snowflakes on their cheeks.  The pictures she shows us are absolutely charming.

And this is another reason that I love cardmaking - I had the perfect stamp and sentiment for her Christmas card!

Let It Snow

I even threw some sequin snow in just in case there isn't real snow!!  (Don't worry - they already have plans to head to the mountains so her nieces won't miss snow even though the current Denver forecast shows sunshine every day - except today - through Christmas.)

FYI - I realized as I was writing this that, although I carefully saved the dot for the "i" that is part of the die - I never glued it on!

This is the perfect "winter fun" story and I was definitely inspired by the snowman and shaker cards at the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.


SUPPLY LIST

The snowman stamp is an old, old Penny Black stamp.  I couldn't find it to link it - but my search turned up the fact that Penny Black has a die in the same shape with the same smile - called Snowman Joy.  Here's a Penny Black blog post showing you just how cute it is!

The patterned paper is from Pink Paislee's 6x6 paper pad called Merry & Bright.  


8 comments:

  1. This is so CUTE!!! LOVE the fun way you made this shaker card and that dotted frame looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore this, Kim! Beyond adorable. Fingers crossed you have some snow for your nieces. I remember seeing snow for the first time at ten when we moved to Canada from Costa Rica and it was a truly special time and memory. Huge Christmas ((hugs)) to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and I have the die! I enjoyed your story too and think this is the perfect card for your new office mate. I love the border of snowflakes and the wonderful die cut words! Thank you for sharing this card at Merry Monday Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute Kim! One of my favorite PB stamps! I used it years ago for an ATC! lol I love timeless images and it's so fun to see them 'out and about' again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is delightful and sounds perfect for your co-worker!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like he is enjoying his outdoor fun!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kim! This is such a sweet shaker card! Love this joyful snowman so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I giggled out loud at the vision of your colleague's nieces pretending to catch snowflakes. Talk about adorable! And speaking of adorable: YOUR snowman enjoying his special wintry wonderland! This is such a darling creation; something I'd likely consider mass-producing (which for me stops at 5!) for special people! LOVE x LOVE this!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!