Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Deck the Halls

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell.  This sketch will stay open until January 4th so you have plenty of time to play along.


Over the weekend as I was thinking about this sketch, I still had two Christmas cards to go.  (I'm done now and ready to coast into the holiday weekend!)  I came up with the center panel fairly quickly. 

FMS Deck the Halls

The side panel gave me some headaches.  I think I tried paper from every Christmas paper pad that I had. I don't know what prompted this tree - just desperate because I couldn't come up with paper - but I like the bit of an overhang.

So while you are waiting for people to get up on Christmas morning or it's the first day of Hanukkah or when you need to escape from the family or when evening comes and the tree is lit and the wine is poured - I hope you find some time over the holidays to play along!

SUPPLY LIST



7 comments:

  1. Catching up in reverse order today, Kim. Your take on the sketch is truly 'outside-the-box' in a most eye-catching fashion, clever fashion. Love the 'hall' you've created and decorated! I'm not quite ready for Christmas, but getting close. Off to my mom's on Friday (fingers crossed all goes well....)
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need those lights......love the big old fashioned look! And the tree on the side I is a genius move.....even if you sort of backed into it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tree as one of the layers. And I love that it hangs over the edge of the card! What great texture that brick background gives your card plus those Christmas lights are super festive. Merry Christmas Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card Kim! I love those lights and the big sentiment! I do love that brick wall background! So fun! Have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy some time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a clever take on the sketch, Kim! The tree works perfectly with those fabulous lights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, your take on this sketch was totally brilliant. Love the tree and the lights image is fabulous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!