Thursday, December 1, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Sweet

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Sweet.


I went with the idea of a warm drink and giving a card to someone who is sweet!

CC Thanks a Latte

I started with the plaid based on the inspiration photo.  Then I found a Verve stamp set with a cute little mug and a fun sentiment.  I originally just had a white background but it seemed really flat, so I dug out a scrap of woodgrain.

Do you like the real mug in the background?  A few months ago, I decided I needed to spend more time staging my photos just to add some interest.  My family teases me unmercifully about this because for awhile I was coming home with bags of props every day for my "staging".  Now we can be in a grocery store or an auto repair place or a shoe store and they will see some small little knick-knack and yell "staging!"  It's cute, but very annoying.   When I was ready to photo this card, I didn't have a good prop - so I grabbed my son's favorite coffee mug.  I thought he'd be impressed.  Instead he said in a disgusted voice "Mom. Not everything is for staging."  

Be sure to check out our guest designer for this challenge: Karen Letchworth at My Cup Runneth Over .
 
I hope to see you playing along with our "sweet" challenge!  


SUPPLY LIST



8 comments:

  1. Everything is totally for staging! It just is! Love the prints on this. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN staging story Kim!! I think that's something my husband and our son would do to me too LOL!! CUTE CUTE card, love the plaid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your patterned paper choices, and a great story about the staging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the plaid and the woodgrain! Cozy card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on your card...the rich red with the woodgrain is gorgeous :)
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple elegance! Great card, Kim!! Love the woodgrain and banner, with the bow the fabulous finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card Kim. Love the pattern papers and the darling little mug. The sequins and those stamped snowflakes are perfect touches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!