Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Color Throwdown: Joy

I am absolutely thrilled to be the December guest at the Color Throwdown!!


I knew immediately what I was going to be doing.  I've had this gorgeous wreath die waiting to be used.  I see these colors as non-traditional Christmas, although it's a fabulous festive look!  I thought if I put some brick behind the wreath, it would also have a modern, non-traditional look. The navy blue stands out perfectly for the sentiment and the bow.  (The funny look in the picture on the sentiment is glitter.)

CTD Joy TE

I originally had the wreath completely open to the brick but it seemed too busy with all of the brick peeking through so I used some white metallic paper and filled in the leaves of the wreath.  (And now I have a full metallic white wreath die cut so you'll definitely see the wreath again!)

SUPPLY LIST

The patterned blue is very, very old from Lasting Impressions.  The blue "joy" uses Versamark with Heat 'n Stick Powder, then dusted with Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter.

ETA: With apologies, I linked to Doodlebug Matte Sprinkles, but it should be Glitter Sprinkles - I will update as soon as I'm home from work!

4 comments:

  1. that wreath is gorgeous and so is your card. I love that you are joining us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim! I love the shimmer and the glitter Sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is pretty!! Can't wait to see what you do with the white wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wreath is awesome, Kim. I love the big blue bow!! I'm so glad you're guesting with us this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!