Saturday, December 10, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch: Angel Voices

I have just a handful of Christmas cards left to make!!  Early in the year, I make Christmas cards without a recipient in mind.  Then around October I sit down with those cards and figure out who they work for - Christian vs. cutesy, bright vs. elegant, etc.  Now that I'm down to a handful, I have a very focused group to work toward - two of which are my 8- and 11-year old nieces.  My brother and his wife have done an amazing job at raising their girls with a true understanding of Christmas, so I always make sure their cards are Christian but I still try to add a bit of cute.  I picked up the Verve set, Angel Voices, with them in mind.  Here's the first one!

CtS Angels 1

I was inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch in terms of the centered image with sentiment below, and also by the square present.  I wanted a bit more interest and I needed some more "girly" so I put the star on the stitched and scalloped squares.


I did start with a different sentiment and I like the way all of these elements tuck together.  But as I thought about an 8-year old, I felt like the main line of the carol (like the first card) would be better than this more subtle sentiment.

CtS Angels 2

Now I need to get ready to go and head off to my nieces' Christmas piano recital!!  Last night I finished Christmas shopping (including my MIL whose gift I have struggled over for 25 years!)  Now I get to get festive and hear sweet little ones play Christmas carols.  I'm officially ready to celebrate Christmas!!

SUPPLY LIST


8 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this card, Kim!!! Beyond adorable and perfect for your niece. You made that set shine :) Hugest of hugs to your brother and wife for instilling strong Christian values in their kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. I would love to know what you for your MIL because I always have the same struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, love the sentiment as the main focus and then the cuteness as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so sweet! Great takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! Your nieces will love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, these are adorable, Kim! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so SWEET!!! I LOVE that little angle stamp and your interpretation of the sketch is divine!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!