Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Light the Candles

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko.


In the midst of all of the holiday colors and festivities - I needed a birthday card.  My brother just had a big birthday.  No comments on which one because as he is my younger brother, I would prefer not to think too hard about how old he is.

FMS Light the Candles

I hope to see you playing along!!

SUPPLY LIST

The patterned paper is the Lawn Fawn Fall Plaid 6x6 stack.  The cardstocks are colors from a variety of companies that matched the plaid.

I used the Postage Stamp Stacklet and cut a side off for the border. 

13 comments:

  1. This sentiment made me laugh! Love the background (especially for a masculine card) and I love the bit of sponging around the flame. Cute card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A plaid candle? Who would have thought.....only clever you! I love it!!! Great texture and fun sentiment! Cool card for your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plaid candle is so CUTE, love this kIm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! very festive and humorous.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!! I love the embossed brick and the way you distressed right behind the candle. It looks so cool!! That sentiment is AWESOME!!! Really fun design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Kim! That sentiment makes me giggle! I should get that for my husband for his next birthday! I totally love that brick wall embossing folder! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, Kim! Love the colors and that brick background is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! The brick wall is such fabulous texture and the sentiment cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great man-card Kim! I love that textured background and the plaid candle is fabulous. I love the glow around the flame! Hopefully your brother had a good chuckle at the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun birthday card! He'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such a fun and pretty card, Kim! Love the candle and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such fun, Kim! Love that sentiment and your little candle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd need a card like this, given how old I am! Bet your brother adored it, as do I! The brick embossing folder is sooooo stylish!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!