Friday, December 2, 2011

A Techno Play Date!!

Sadly, I need sympathy cards for our church card ministry.  I was browsing challenges and saw soft colors at Play Date Cafe.  I paired it with the sketch at Technostamper.


These are so not colors that I would have put together, but I love how soft and gentle they are.



As I was looking through embossing folders for the first card, I found a butterfly folder that I had not yet used and thought it would look great with these colors.  It seemed a little "cheerful" for sympathy so I made it Get Well.


I also had to share some pictures of a fun moment from yesterday.  We have some very cold, snowy weather.  My oldest is in charge of taking the garbage out to the corner (which when you have 5 acres is quite a haul). He had forgotten to take it out last week so we had piles.  With his new learner's permit for driving, he decided he would load up the back of the car with trash bags and drive them out.  Made sense to us.  Somehow this is what happened...

Front end in the ditch!!  The truly inexplicable part of this is that our driveway is about 20 yards to the left of where he is, so it's not like he shot out of the driveway too fast and ended up in the ditch??!!


Then he had to come get Dad to help him.  Can you imagine how mortified he was to come tell Dad?  Of course, I grabbed my camera.  Andrew is actually walking from our driveway in this picture, so you can see how odd it was that the car is in the ditch almost by the neighbors house??!!


It turns out that after he unloaded the trash, he tried to U-turn so he didn't have to back down the driveway.  You can tell that the road is very icy - so he just slid right off!


Scott just pulled forward a little bit for traction and it came right out!  But it sure is going to be fun teasing Andrew about this over the years.  (And clearly we have to teach some snow driving!)

We are going to head up to our mountain place a little later today so I won't be back until Monday.  We are thrilled because the forecasted high in the mountains is 12F and the low is -9F.  We are a strange family that that excites us, aren't we??
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Kindness Matters (butterfly), Perfectly Penned (Get Well), All That Scraps Sympathy Sentiments
  • Paper: Stampin' Wisteria Wonder, Groovy Guava, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Wisteria Wonder, Groovy Guava, Soft Suede
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing (leaves), Darice embossing (butterflies), Stampin' Up embossing, (stripes on fence), Stampin' Up Scallop border punch, Nestabilities oval and scalloped oval, My Favorite Things die (leaf), misc pearls and gems colored with Copics
Technostamper is the fun challenge that lets me show you all the other entrants.  Remember, you have to go the blog if you want to enter yourself.

10 comments:

  1. As usual the simplicity (but gorgeousness!) of you cards inspire me Kim.
    Classic story and with photographic proof!! Your poor son will never live this down! Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous cards--and where did you get that butterfly embossing folder?! I may be jealous of it... ;D Thanks for posting about the blog hop, too! I've never done one, but have linked to this one. :) Found you via PDC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kim! This snow story was fantastic! I am definitely NOT a snow bunny. I hate the cold. But ... the pictures make it all look so pretty and romantic (even if the story was about a car!) Thanks for sharing some of your little corner of the world. My boys love skiing. They would be envious to know you have a place in the mountains. Is it just like in the movies??? :) Hugs xx
    PS Oh ... LOVE the cards. The colours are unusual ... but very lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree the colours are just so subtle and perfect for a sympathy card and love the get well card too, the EF is stunning :)
    oooo look at all the snow, looks quite exciting but causes so much havoc here tho as we're not used to travelling in it:)
    Hope you had a great weekend.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That snow story happens around here all the time! I am right outside of Buffalo and we get that all the time. The card is just beautiful! I love the mix of stamps. Wonderfully done, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That totally sounds like something I'd do. Ugh! I bet he was mortified!

    Your cards couldn't be more perfect themes for our color story! They're beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so pretty. I love the embossed bottom of the card. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!