Saturday, December 24, 2011

Less Is More: One Word and One Word Only!!

This week's challenge at the Less Is More blog is to use Just One Word.  You can decorate around it - but only one word.  I HAD to play because I just received a Papertrey Ink order that included their Wonderful Words dies. 

If you look closely - the word is cut into the white cardstock and then the piece is backed with the pomegranate.  The problem with this is that I had to use tiny tweezers and a glue pen to stick all the center pieces of the letters.  It made this card slightly less than truly simple.  We will be doing this at our church card group in January and my plan is to cut the word out of the pomegranate CS and glue it to the white - completely avoiding the hassle.  I don't think it would make a significant difference, do you?


  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Heart Prints
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Purely Pomegranate, Rose Romance (both retired)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Rose Romance
  • Accessories: Papertrey Wonderful Words die, Martha Stewart heart punch, Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink Gingham

21 comments:

  1. I had to look REALLY closely Kim, such intricate work
    How effective
    Super card
    Thank you so much for all your contributions this year
    A very Merry christmas to you

    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks superb Kim. I think either way would be just fine!
    Thanks so much for all your fabulous contributions during the past year and do have a wonderful Christmas!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply splendid

    Merry Christmas

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your sentiment. Wishing you a fabulous festive season. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those dies too and they are fiddly but worth all the effort Kim, this is gorgeous and a great way to use the die :)
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, it's been a pleasure meeting you in Blogland :)
    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Have a great Christmas
    xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning.

    Happy Christmas and a Happy 2012.

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card.
    I hope you & your family have a wonderful Christmas & a Very Happy & Healthy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card! I really like it.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. How have you managed to keep stamping through this busy season??? I have hardly had time to scratch! I think ... even with that extra effort ... this still qualifies for LIM! (But I always seem to get it wrong for LIM ... so what would I know???) (cheeky grin!) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great card...I have those dies and not used them yet....meant to order the holiday ones, but I'm thinking if they are this fiddly I will give the die a swish of spray mount to make it easy....of course I'll have to go outside to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really beautifully cut sentiment & a gorgeous design.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and I think you can easily get away with making it the easier way! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. All that work was so worth it Kim, fabulous card. Loving the new look blog too.
    All the best for 2012.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card, Kim...and what a lot of work!! Totally worth it though! Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Really love this LIM card! You did a great job! I like the idea, also nice for wedding stationary! Thanks for shearing!
    Greetings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Really love this LIM card! You did a great job! I like the idea, also nice for wedding stationary! Thanks for shearing!
    Greetings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!