Saturday, December 17, 2011

LIM: Variations on a Theme

The Less Is More challenge for this week is a theme challenge - music - and I decided to do Variations on a Theme (tee-hee).  How could I not do a music challenge given my living room has been converted to a music room to hold the piano, the organ, the saxophone, the clarinet, the trumpet, the snare drum, the hammered dulcimer, the bowed psaltery, the accordian (really!), and a myriad of records, penny whistles, harmonicas, etc.

I started out with the Stampin' Up Music Notes border.  (NOTE: I only have it digitally - so this may not be the size that it is in real rubber!)  First, I added the bird from Four Frames.


I had extra music note border pieces printed out and I still needed a couple of Christmas cards, so I went very clean, simple, yet regal for this card.


And I still had a border piece left so I prepared ahead with a card for my teenage saxophonist.  I'm sure he will have a concert in the near future for which I will need a congratulatory card!


Isn't it just a wonderful season for music???  I have multiple Christmas playlists on my iPod and I just had one of my children who wanted to earn some cash go through all of my Christmas music, find all of it that was between 115 and 125 beats/minute and create a new playlist that I can use this walk to go on brisk walks!!  Of course, I have been busy this morning with this challenge and with finally addressing and stamping and signing all of my Christmas cards - so haven't walked yet!  But I am ready to go now!!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Four Frames, Jazzed Up, Verve Winter Wonder (Joy to the World)
  • Paper: black, white, Stampin' Up Marina Mist, Rich Razzleberry, Best Creations Gold Glimmer
  • Ink: black, Delicata Golden Glitz, copics
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Label Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch, various circle punches (to do the "halo"), nestabilities rectangle and scalloped rectangle

21 comments:

  1. I love that line of music as a base for a design... three super cards Kim and my what an array of instruments you have.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three super duper cards - which one's my fave? Hard to say but I think (by a short head) the third.

    Seasons Greetings

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous. Your Joy to the World card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three lovely cards - I like the last one the most.Lovely images and layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, WOW at all your instruments your family have, hoe wonderful
    Superb cards, love them all
    Thank you as always
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards give you a real lift XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards agian Anne, I love them all.Happy Christmas & best wishes for the New Year also :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clean designs...so pretty! Love that shaped tag and the music score looks great behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cards - like them all - but love the birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my first one is the little cute bird, but all of them are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Another thing we have in common. Our main family room has 3 guitars, drum set, piano, computer with composing software ... and YES!!! A piano accordian! (My dh learnt when he was a kid!)
    2. Love Love Love the designs for this LIM challenge. (Must try the LIM challenges again in the New Year!)
    3. Thanks for the GREAT IDEA!!! I have a 'to do' list for the kids over the holidays ... and NOTHING has been done so far (with reasonable excuses) ... but a cash incentive might work REALLY WELL ... especially with the 13 year old who doesn't have a part time job!
    Hope your week is a relaxed one! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all gorgeous! Fabulous stamping and images! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, they're brilliant, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super set of cards Kim. I love the Joy one. Very CAS and very pretty.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all superb Kim. I love this wheel too and I love the way you've used the tags. Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so pretty Kim. Love the music notes in the background. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 3 great cards, cant pick a favourite love them all

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great group of musical cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love every single one of these, Kim. They're just wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! These cards are simply elegant and stunning!
    They are beautiful with the little touches of colour.
    And wow, what a lot of instruments you have in your house! I thought we had some instruments with two violins and a keyboard!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!