Saturday, December 10, 2011

CAS-ual Misting: Heartfelt Sympathy

When this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge came up as using mist, I laughed.  I don't do mist.  I TRY to do mist.  But it's just too uncontrolled and random for me.

Unfortunately for me, right after I laughed, an image popped into my mind.  I need sympathy cards for our church card racks and I imagined a silhouette flower with a mist making it hazy.  I saw a gray card with a white mist - after 4 or 5 failed attempts - I changed to the colors in my current card.  (And I'm not even going to tell you how many times I stamped and then didn't like the misting!!)


The above picture really doesn't do it justice.  The cardstock is Papertrey Ink's Fine Linen which is fast becoming one of my go-to neutrals.  It can be used like a kraft but it's got a warmer tone to it (less gray than this picture looks).  So it seemed natural to use a golden mist.



And once again, I have to say, this is why I love challenges.  My mist NEVER comes out - but I am very happy with this particular card! 
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Just Believe, Close As a Memory
  • Ink: Black
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen, Black
  • Accessories: misc gold balls, Tattered Angels Gold Glimer Mist

12 comments:

  1. I really like it, Kim! I just might have to try my own version. If I do, I'll link it back to yours. (I was given mists last year for Christmas and I have *never* used them. lol Maybe this is the time to try.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about misting but you've done wonders with your sympathy card. I love the gold on the silhouette and the little pearls. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really gorgeous, I love your misting it looks fab x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job with this card. The misting turned out really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the golden haze Kim. Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, I love the gold!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is lovely. Your misting is beautiful. I've not used PTI's fine linen, but I think I need to add some to my next order. Love this. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim
    Fabulous look to your card ....very nice
    Hugs sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rocked the mist on your card, Kim! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! Your efforts really paid off as this is so beautiful. Thanks for tackling the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I just tell you I was having heart palpitations the entire time I was writing the challenge post because I don't do mist either! LOL! But what good is a challenge if it doesn't push our comfort boundaries a bit...or a lot in this case! :) Beautiful card, the shimmer is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning! So glad that you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!