Friday, December 23, 2011

i{heart}2stamp: Unselfishness

I have been playing along with Jen's i{heart}sketches all year long and this is my card for the final sketch.


I normally follow sketches almost exactly.  I know they are supposed to be an inspiration and we are to use our creativity, but I find it more of a challenge to come up with ideas to make the exact sketch work.  But I broke my own "rules" this week - I flipped the sketch sideways, I used a standard sized card instead of a square and the three circles became three clouds!



The stamp is from Eat Cake Graphics.  Years ago, I made a Christmas card for our church card rack - the image on the card was so popular that I have had people request cards with this image every year since.  If you want a good chuckle to start your day - check this out!  (BTW - this image and other popular Eat Cake Graphics images are also available in quilt patterns.  That's one hobby I refuse to even try because I seem to fall in love with EVERYTHING I try and I have enough card supplies, knitting yarn and patterns, and...going back in time...cross stitch floss, cloth and patterns to last a dozen lifetimes!)

By following along with Jen's sketches all year, I am eligible for a prize package - but to qualify, I need to list all of my previous posts here.  If you are a follower, you have seen all of these before - but I need to show Jen that I did it!!  Fingers crossed!!

January: With Love From Me to You
February: B is for Birthday
March: Asian Artistry
April: Field Birds AND You're a Star
May: Bird Cage in Brights
June: Hang in There
July: Colorful Kite
August: A Nostalgic Halloween
September: Musical Bird
October: Winter Owls
November: Snowman with Copics

For today's card:
  • Stamps: Eat Cake Graphics, Hero Arts Envelope Background (cloud pattern), sentiment is a part of a stamp from Stampin' Up's Very Punny
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight CS and dsp, Lucky Limeade
  • Ink: Colorbox Frost White, Memento black, Copics
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Cloud Dies, Nestabilities circle and zigzag circle, Martha Stewart grass border, Stampin' Up Baja ribbon and Round Tab Punch

Check out this post for Copic tips and hints

7 comments:

  1. How cute is this?! We should get together and craft soon!! We are not that far from each other....lol!! Merry Christmas dearie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous. I'm always blown away by your coloring. Love the sweetness of your card. TFS. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is such a brilliant take on this sketch! Love everything about it. Have a very Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ... this is super adorable ... and I loved reading all about it. I do hope Jen loves what you have done with her sketches all through the year! Fingers crossed for you! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has got to be one of the sweetest cards I've ever seen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack! That image is so adorable! (And the tree image is brilliant too). Love that sweet sunshine and the envie stamp on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack! That image is so adorable! (And the tree image is brilliant too). Love that sweet sunshine and the envie stamp on the cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!