Monday, December 12, 2011

Chilling Out with Snow and Humor

This is my second post today.
The first post has tips and hints on glittering.

The Splitcoast Clean and Simple challenge was to Chill Out!  I am definitely feeling the need to chill so I did it on my card in two ways - a lot of snow, and a surprising and fun sentiment!


Do you like that pretty scene??  Check out what is hiding behind the door!!


(I'm trying really hard to get past the grammatical error in the sentiment.  The way that this is written, it is comparing your lawn with your actual neighbors - the older gentlemen, the family, the annoying teenagers - it says those people look like your lawn!!  A simple apostrophe in neighbors and it will accurately compare lawn to lawn.  I'm going to try to draw one in but I wanted a photo before I flubbed my apostrophe!)

My first post today gave a step by step tutorial on glittering.  I used that method to do the lawn and the trees.    But to do the blue edges, I didn't want to waste glitter on the entire sheet.  In this case, a 2-way glue pen is perfect.  It's very easy to draw a line of glue down the edge.  (These glue pens must have ridges or something because they "grip" onto the edge and keep everything straight.)  Then just dip your edge into your Tupperware of glitter (see previous post).


  • Stamps: The Stampin' Place sentiment, unknown snowflakes
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Basic Gray
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Stampin' Up window Sizzix die, Emaginations tree punch

5 comments:

  1. Love the Die cut, glitter, and cute surprise sentiment Kim! Baja Breeze soooo suits these snowy scene. Lovely, as usual. Merry Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love this! I wish I had more 'interesting' die cuts! Must go hunting! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card Kim! Love the window opening. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Love that sentiment (although the lack of apostrophe did make me flinch...). The layout is fantastic and I love those squiggle trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apostrophe aside, I love this sentiment! Isn't it the truth. Your glitter is so pretty and I love the doors opening to show the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!