Sunday, October 1, 2023

Atlantic Hearts Sketch: So Very Thankful

I saw the sketch at the Atlantic Heart Sketch challenge and I had a new-to-me leaf die on my desk along with some new fall papers - and it all came together!!

So Very Thankful

Fall, my favorite season, is very late this year.  We were in the mountains last week. We were there almost exactly a year ago and saw the most amazing fall colors that I had ever seen (at least in Colorado!)  Even today, my glorious red maple tree outside my craft room window has one red branch - the rest is solidly green. So I'll have to celebrate fall through cardmaking. 

I got the leaf die because of a variety of cards that I saw with this branch from PinkFresh cut multiple times for a large bouquet of leaves - it's a wonderful look. But when I saw the sketch, I thought it would work well dangling from the top with a little bow.  The sentiment is new from The Greetery in their August release - Thanks All Ways. It's a fabulous stamp/die set with large "Thanks", "Thankful" and "Thanksgiving" along with alot of little sentiments to fit those words.  Exactly the kind of set that I adore!

Thanks to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge for the inspiration!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: The Greetery Thanks All Ways and dies

Dies: PinkFresh Fall Leaf

Paper: LDRS Creative Songbird Fields, Taylored Expressions Blue Corn cardstock

Ink: Taylored Expressions Sweet Potato Pie

Other: YNS Sugar Rush Gumdrops

10 comments:

  1. You totally nailed the sketch! Those leaves are so pretty and delicate. I like the size; a nice contrast to the usual giant fall leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim that is a beautiful leaf die indeed and looks fab in white against those papers, which are gorgeous (I am a sucker for some nice papers!) Loving the fall feel of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! Love the leaves, the paper, the sentiment, love it all! I predict a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I just ordered that darling leafy die from PTI yesterday! Something tells me it will become a favorite - your card is fabulous especially that wonderful patterned paper with the bird!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, the colours the leaves it all works so well together, beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card. I like how you kept the leaves white with the patterned papers behind it. Great contrast. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful autumn card with the crisp, white background. That leaf die is certainly very appealing, so I must try and resist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The patterned papers are a pretty stage for your star-of-the-show leaves. Gorgeous card.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!