Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Christmas Stained Glass

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren and here’s what I did with it!

Christmas Stained Glass


The first step was looking for something in a big circle - preferably in my Christmas or Thanksgiving stash. I found this nativity and couldn't believe I hadn't used it. Then I started picking colors.  I quickly settled on Stampin' Up's Petal Pink and then I decided to use the two coordinating colors from last year's in-colors - Starry Sky and Orchid Oasis.  When they came out, I thought they would be the most perfect Christmas colors ever, although more from the winter aspect not really for a nativity! Then when last year's holiday catalog came out - they weren't there at all.  And they aren't there this year.  I feel like they added two in-colors that none of their designers liked.  But I like them - even on a nativity scene!

The plan was to do the actual stripe from the sketch with a sentiment but even with my large stash of sentiments, I just didn't have the right sentiment for the stripe.  So I went with a longer straight sentiment but not on a stripe. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Paper Rose Christmas Stained Glass Circle, Echo Park Merry Christmas

Paper: Stampin' Up Petal Pink, Starry Sky and Orchid Oasis, My Favorite Things In the Buff, Taylored Expressions Toffee

Other: Stampin' Up Distressed Tile 3D Embossing Folder

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the color combination! What a lovely, elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you put together for the nativity and the texture is wonderful! Pretty card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is absolutely stunning! Some lucky recipient is going to cherish this one forever!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so perfect! I love the colors together and the texture you added. That little pop of sparkle for the halo is perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that die Kim and the addition of the embossed texture adds the perfect layer of detail too. Great colour choices too - I too am surprised we haven't seen those blues more for Christmas - they have a more contemporary feel than Navy, I think (but obviously what do I know lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Kim! This card is beautiful! I just love that nativity stain glass creation! All that texture and the combination of colours is fantastic! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen that Nativity die ! Beautiful! Wonderful textures and flowing shapes....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the stain glass creation with those colours! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!