Monday, October 23, 2023

CAS Colours & Sketches: Blessed

I have not done a slimline in ages and I actually enjoy doing them so when I saw the challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches, I knew I had to play along. 

Blessed Beyond Measure


The "good" reason for this card is that it will go out to the son who moved to Michigan and his girlfriend.  It's somewhat cute for her, but the rich fall colors keep it from being to feminine.  I also want to remind him that he's blessed - he has a good job, a nice apartment and this girlfriend seems sane!!  The very selfish reason for this card is that I have my Thanksgiving cards ready to go so my unused fall products are going back into a basket under my rolling cart and this tall slimline stamp set just doesn't fit!!  Selfish or not, I love that my two needs came together!! 

Doing this card, or actually photographing this card, reminded me why I hadn't done a slimline in a while. It's very hard to get a tall card in a square photo.  I compounded my problem by using gold embossing powder. In the photos I took with my normal set-up, the sentiment just looked like a dull brown - so I ended up directing a light at it to get a bit of shine. The struggle continued with the pinkish cast to the right (although you should have seen the picture before I used photo editing software and got rid of the pink cast that was over most of it).  But that's due to the glorious red maple - which is currently a blazing red color - that sits right outside my craft room window and I can only complain about the pink/red color so much because the tree is utterly gorgeous. Of course instead of whining, I could actually learn about photography - but I think I'd rather be making another card!!!

Thanks to the inspiration from CAS Colours & Sketches because this slimline ended up being exactly what I needed.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Trinity Stamps Slimline Woodsy background (and dies), The Greetery Blessed Blooms (the sentiment) and dies

Dies: Trinity Stamps Modern Embossed Rectangle Stack and Slimline Modern Embossed Frames

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Pecan Pie, Mango Melody

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful work Kim! Thanks so much for sharing your card on the C,C& S Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your son and his girlfriend will enjoy this, it's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous slimline card with such fabulous elements that all work together so well. Your son and his gf are sure to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim! I love that woodgrain background and that gold embossed "blessed" is stunning. I'm sure your son and his girlfriend loved it! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CC&S :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this Kim and I'm sure your son will too! Those woodland images pair with the woodgrain paper perfectly. Your photography woes made me smile - I know exactly what you mean! Good natural daylight is becoming a rarity here in the UK as the winter approaches and artificially lighting has all kinds of issues for sure. I wish I was a better photographer too (but not enough to do something about it lol!) I do have a tip on photographing slimline cards square though: I find adding the envelope in behind at a slight angle fills some of the space - you might like to give that a try. I will still be visiting regardless of photo quality though - I'm here for the cards lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!