Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Thankful Grateful Blessed

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy and here’s what I did with it!

Thankful Grateful Blessed

I originally imagined this sketch on a more modern card with bright, fresh color palette.  Obviously I didn't end up that way. For me, autumn brings out a classic old-fashioned look and I was definitely feeling it when I made this card! 

The background paper drove the entire card - it's from an old paper pad but it felt like a quilt print to me and that's the mood that I was in. (Of course, it might be that we haven't turned on the furnace in the house yet because it is still getting quite warm during the day, but the early mornings are quite frigid and anything quilt-like is welcome!)  Then I found leaves that fit in little circles. I got this Taylored Expressions die set for an entirely different look - I wanted a variety of fall colors in each little cut-out area - but I like the way it turned out.  Not colorful, but very eye-catching! The sentiment was selected only because it fit in the square! It actually comes from a Gina K Wreath Builder set.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Gina K Autumn Wreath Builder (the sentiment)

Dies: Taylored Expressions Mosaic Beech Leaf, Stitched Circle Stacklets, Stitched Square Stacklets, Stitched Rectangle Stacklets and Petite Rectangle Scallop Stacklets

Paper: Simple Stories Hello Fall, Stampin' Up Crushed Curry and Misty Moonlight, Taylored Expressions Sweet Potato Pie

Other: Stampin' Up Wonderful Gems

6 comments:

  1. Your eye-catching card certainly has a cozy vibe. Love the design; love the colours.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pretty paper and the gorgeous Fall colors! They make for a warm and cozy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the layers on your cozy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect fall colors! Pretty card for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty Kim! I just love those leaves but that background paper is so sweet! So perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The white leaves really stand out against the autumn-toned cardstock. This is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!