Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Thankful

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle and here’s what I did with it!

Thankful Stitched Leaves


The oxidized paper from Stampin' Up might be the prettiest paper I've ever seen.  However, it's very hard to photograph.  I wanted to get a little shine on it but in so doing, the rest of the card just isn't a vibrant white.  Hopefully you get the idea.  One of the oxidized papers comes with some pretty peacock in it; the other paper is just basic colors. I went with the peacock just for the fun of a peacock leaf and sentiment.  

The leaves are an older Stampin' Up die set. I really wanted this year's leaf die set that had the veins of the leaves as a separate die so each leaf is beautifully accented - but it's almost impossible for me to justify another leaf die in my stash.  I do like these retired stitched leaves so I guess I'm OK letting the leaf veins go!!

I needed a smaller sentiment than anything I had in my Stampin' Up stash so I used "thankful" from the Altenew Celebrate us set. It's not a set that you would think would have a word like "thankful" but it does.  Then the white background needed a little something - so I used Papertrey Ink's Stitched Border Bling for just a hint of detail. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Stampin' Up Stitched Leaves, Altenew Celebrate Us ("thankful"), Papertrey Ink Border Bling: Stitched

Paper: Stampin' Up Oxidized Copper Specialty dsp, cardstock in Copper Clay and Pretty Peacock

Other: Stampin' Up Adhesive-Backed Speckled Dots

7 comments:

  1. I love these Fall leaves, and I agree that the oxidized paper is gorgeous. Beautifully done, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those rich colors for fall! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors and that paper are put to perfect use here! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Kim! This card is gorgeous! Those leaves are the most fabulous colours! Perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colours, and that patterned paper, are just gorgeous! Such a fabulous autumn card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those fall leaves are absolutely gorgeous! These colors are nothing but fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swooning over your lovely rich fall leaves; the papers are beautiful.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!