Monday, October 16, 2023

Hand Stamped Sentiments: Blessings

I thought the current colors at Hand Stamped Sentiments would be great on a fall card with a bit of a unique look. I also was in the mood to truly challenge myself and there are a couple of colors in the challenge that I'm not in love with. (I'm not naming names!)  I just got some fall dies from Lawn Fawn so decided to do a gourd and pumpkin grouping.

Thanksgiving Blessings


The layout and the sentiment took a number of turns but I finally settled on grouping the gourds on top of a die cut sentiment. With the Stitched Gourd and Pumpkins that I just got, I also ordered the Harvest Crate set which also has a signpost.  I had already cut the Blessings (by Photoplay) before realizing that the coordinating stamps for the die were just too small for the signpost - so found a retired Lawn Fawn set that happened to have "thanksgiving"!

I'm still not loving a couple of the colors, but I do like the uniqueness of this combination.  Thank you to Hand Stamped Sentiments for the inspiration!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Lawn Fawn Happy Feast - retired ("thanksgiving")

Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Gourds, Stitched Pumpkins and Harvest Crate, Photoplay Say It With Stamps Blessings

Paper: Stampin' Up Cardstock in Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss and Pebbled Path, Playing with Patterns 6x6 dsp (retired)

Ink: Stampin' Up Blackberry Bliss

Other: Stampin' Up Tinsel Gems 3-Pack, Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder

3 comments:

  1. I have seen these sweet dies used all around blogland and they look especially nice with these fun colors! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One could never tell which color isn't on your favorites list, Kim! SO cute!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put each one of those colors to good use! This is a cute card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!