Thursday, October 5, 2023

A Horde of Zombies!

Halloween is just not my favorite holiday. It's a long story involving memories of my childhood a very long time ago when times were simpler and Halloween at least seemed safe, then 30 years of my adult life on a 5-acre property without trick-or-treaters, then moving into town and totally looking forward to trick-or-treaters and the first young one tripping down the single step at my front door and screaming at the top of his lungs.  And that was the end of it! My only nod to Halloween is a garden flag with witch legs in my front yard and the purchase and eating of an entire bag of Mellowcreme pumpkins (which no matter they say, are different from candy corn!)

Zombie Horde

I took a couple of long weekends off of work as the weather cooled to do some cleaning and organizing. That sounds sad, but I actually adore the act of organizing.  My craft desk is included in the clean-up and one thing I decided was to get any Halloween products out of my not-yet-used stash. Then this will be the last year that I send any Halloween cards.  My sons really don't care and my nieces have never really done Halloween so a lack of Halloween cards won't be missed.

Zombie Horde

But I did have to use some zombie products I got from Impression Obsession before it all got stashed away.  They have a fabulous zombie edger die that I actually used for Valentines! See it here.  This year, I'm using their Zombie Sayings set along with a zombie (that I'm not seeing in their store, but maybe I'm missing it). I kept it all very simple - because my husband and adult sons don't like lots of stuff on their cards - but how wonderful are these sayings???

Zombie Horde

I don't usually do Halloween for my husband, but the "Back in my day..." sentiment was too perfect for him.  My youngest son and his phone was also an inspiration for the first card.  The other sentiment that I wanted to use from the sentiment set was "When life closes a door it opens a window. Then zombies climb in and eat you" but for my oldest son who struggled to find a job and whose life is just starting to come together, I just didn't want to burden him with zombies crawling in his window!!!  So "keep calm" just seemed better.

Zombie Horde

I may not love Halloween but those were fun cards to make!!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Impression Obsession Zombie Sayings and also a zombie from them

Dies: Memory Box Graveyard Landscape and Dangling Spider, CC Designs Bats, Little B Halloween (the cobweb)

Paper: from a couple of very old pads: Glitz Raven and Doodlebug Haunted Manor, Taylored Expressions cardstock in Sweet Potato Pie and Pumpkin

5 comments:

  1. Kim, your style of Halloween is just fangtastic! I LOve these sentiments as much as your zombies!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your men will enjoy these, Kim, they're fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous, and the zombies are fun and different for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen this zombie set! Love it! Your cards are such fun! We have about 100 or more trick or treaters here every year - my grown up kids come every year with their two little ones to join in the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all-around fabulous, Kim! Perfect for you guys!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!