Thursday, October 19, 2023

52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Gingerbread

When the color brown showed up in the current challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, it reminded me that I had Stampin' Up die set from last year that I hadn't given enough love to - the Gingerbread dies.  I paired it with sentiments from the new mini catalog - Christmas Classics.

Happy Christmas Wishes


I love the detail on these gingerbread dies and the set has the peppermint candy too! To make the peppermint candy stand out from the white background, I used some shimmer spritz although I didn't take a good enough picture for it to show. 

I balanced the weight of the gingerbread with a small strip of paper from the same suite of products. I love that it has coordinating frosting swirls! 

A big thank you to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for reminding me to use this die set!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Christmas Classics

Dies: Stampin' Up Gingerbread, Scalloped Countors

Paper: Stampin' Up Gingerbread & Peppermint 6x6 dsp, cardstock in Cinnamon Cider and Real Red

Ink: Stampin' Up Gingerbread

Other: Shimmer spray, Stampin' Up Toile Tidings Glitter Dots

5 comments:

  1. Cookies is exactly what I thought of when I saw this challenge too! These are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this! What a cute card, Kim. You reminded me of a die I bought late last year and never used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful red and brown Christmas card. Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "frosting" looks real! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love this Kim! I don't have the dies but do have some of the papers - I feel a 'use it up' CASE coming on!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!