Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek 3: Bistro Lights and Sweet Dogs

It's day 3 of sneak peeks for the March release from Taylored Expressions!!  Today is bright and very fun!!

All the products that I have used are linked at the bottom, but remember that new products aren't live until Thursday, March 5th, 7 a.m. PST.  Also, be sure to check all of the other designers starting on the Taylored Expressions blog because we all were assigned different products to show off.


Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.







The first thing that I want to show you is the Bistro Lights Cutting Plate.  Bistro lights are something I've been thinking a lot about lately.  We just finished putting a deck on our house. We have owned our home for 25 years -it has a fabulous view of the Colorado mountains from Rocky Mountain National Park down to Pike's Peak, but the patio is on the non-view side of the house.  It never made much sense - so we finally added a deck with a view (and a hot tub!!) Adding bistro lights was a point of contention for us.  One point-of-view was that we have the mountain vista in front of us and shouldn't block it with a string of lights.  Another point-of-view was that the festive lights would make it a great place to relax with friends at any time of the day or night.  View #2 lost - that was me! So...no bistro lights, but it's hard to complain too much as I am soaking in the hot tub!

Anyway, that was a serious side-track!  Suffice to say, I didn't make a card with the focus on bistro lights as that is a sore subject for me right now, rather I used it as a birthday garland!  I put a scrap of big balloon paper behind it and used Sprinkles, Peapod and Candy Corn cardstock.  The sentiment is from the previously released In and Out Birthday.

Taylored Expressions Bistro Lights Cutting Plate

The next thing I want to show if the stamp set If Dogs Could Talk.  It is a fabulous and unique set with a dog, some fun sentiments, and a bunch of different faces and expressions for the dog!  What a great idea to have all of these looks in one set.  (There's also a cat set!)  I could not decide on a face, so I made a set of small cards that I could give as a gift to a dog-lover.

Taylored Expressions If Dogs Could Talk Set 1

Taylored Expressions If Dogs Could Talk Set 2

Can you believe that's all the same dog?  He has so many great expressions!!  There's a great sentiment that goes with the sleeping puppy - but it didn't fit on the outside of the notecard, so I decorated the inside of this one.

Taylored Expressions Dreaming (inside)


I love these guys - and you should check out the cat set too!!  The sentiment that says "I purred once. It was awful" totally fits one of my cats!  Start on the Taylored Expressions blog and you'll see the cats plus much more today!



SUPPLY LIST

It's Your Birthday




If Dogs Could Talk



13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - now I totally want to make a set of mini cards with that dog set! So cute! And sorry you lost out on the bistro lights, but your card is adorable!

    BTW - I ordered a planner from Plum Papers because of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these adorable animal cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the arbor lights, cute idea. Those puppy note cards are too adorable, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, Kim, and your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had to settle for your lights on a card Kim, but they look GREAT!! Those little pups on mini cards are adorable, love those!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those puppies are adorable! Love the different expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creative thinking with the bistro lights! Ha, ha, I hope you enjoy your hot tub!! View or no view!
    Love, Love Love your dogcards!! They are too cute and the expressions on the dogs face, ha, ha, very versatile and it'll fitt any occasion!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, those pooches are too cute! I love all the scenes you've made with their adorable little faces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards, Kim...love the balloon paper on the first and what a darling set of cards with that sweet little pup!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards - lovin' those adorable dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in love with If Dogs Could Talk!!! I really do love your little dreaming dog...adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!