Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: Wow! You Did It!

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  We're going long and skinny!


I have a new-to-me set from Stampin' Up called Boutique Borders.  I love the fun look of each border and have been looking for a great use for it.  The long border on this card was made for it!  Then I needed a sentiment that had the same funky look so I pulled out Stampin' Up's Bravo.

Wow You Did it

I'm hoping I get to use this in a couple of weeks.  My youngest who is a freshman in high school had tryouts over the last few weeks for the high school lacrosse team.  He has played competitively for years on a team that made it to the top two or three in state year after year.  But he's been struggling in the past year because #1 he isn't growing as fast as his teammates - neither in height nor in bulk and #2 he has had knee trouble since the summer.  I thought the results of high school tryouts might be discouraging for him.  Five of his teammates from his former team made varsity as freshman.  Erik only made the C team, but the coach pulled him aside and told him he was on the bubble and, with hard work, could be promoted to JV in a couple of weeks.  Instead of being discouraged, Erik came home on fire to work hard and show the coach what he could do.  I'm a proud mama right now!

I hope to see you playing along.  A little hint - check out the rest of the design team on the FMS Blog - not everybody went skinny, so if that's stumping you - you have alternatives!


SUPPLY LIST

13 comments:

  1. Love that funky border! The bright colors are perfect! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun, colorful card! I love the funky border and the big congratulatory wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun border and a terrific card Kim!! BRAVO to you son for his determination, I'm rooting for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that brightly colored border, Kim, and best of luck to Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scalloped border on this and the bright, happy colors. Fun card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card! You've made those scallops look fabulous! And what a wonderful proud mama moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pure party on a card Kim! makes me happy just looking at it! Thanks for the inspiration over at FMS. Have a great day. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card Kim! I love those borders and have no idea how I've missed them! Such great colours! Love the stars too! Congrats to your son! Sounds like he is one determined fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your Son!!!
    What an awesome card this is!! Fab colors and i love the border!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for your son--bet he'll make it in no time! Your card is so fun & festive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all of those fabulous fun colours! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Wow!" sums this card up very well! I love the border stamp and the bright colors you used to make it pop and your choice of accessories is perfect to really make this a special card. Wishing your son the very best results with his determination and drive to make the team!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!