Thursday, March 5, 2015

Birthday in Brights and Black

Today is Gayatri's birthday (Handmade by G3).  Happy birthday Gayatri!

Gayatri and I are both on the the Curtain Call design team - and I LOVE her work.  Very clean cards with lots of white space - but also BOLD colors mixed with black accents.  She loves patterns so she often uses chevrons and sunbursts and big stripes.  She's also very good at watercolor washes  For the card that I sent to her (which by the way was the first things that I have ever sent to Australia) - I tried to go with fun colors and black accents.  I am terrible at watercoloring so I didn't go there!

Gayatri Bday

I sponged a scrap of white paper with Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Dried Marigold with the green in the middle being the mix of the two, then cut the "happy".  The "birthday" label and the border are a nod to her splashes of black.

SUPPLY LIST

The peach colored balloon and ink on the balloon is the retired Stampin' Up color Peach Parfait.


8 comments:

  1. LOVE this card, Kim! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! I am sure she will love it! The coloring on the "happy" die it is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coloring on the word die and balloons, with the pop of black. You don't hear that often, do you? It's usually "a pop of color".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW...Kim,this card is totaly my taste!! Love the colors! The black looks awesome here and i love how you colored the happy!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fabulous job on this Card. I LOVE the colors you used. The black really pops with those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fabulous colour combo, and I love the shaded 'happy'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!