Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lots of Layers: Happy Birthday

Today is Maureen's birthday (Buttons & Bling).  She is a St. Patrick's day baby!  Happy birthday Maureen.

Maureen and I serve together on the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge design team. I always marvel at her creations.  She is very good at layering papers which is something I can only dream about.  For Maureen's card, I decided to practice layering.  I was inspired by this card but I changed the papers.  I can't tell you how many times I rearranged the papers, but finally got to a card that I was happy with.

Layered Happy Birthday

SUPPLY LIST
I don't know how long my link to the paper will last.  I recently got this paper pad on sale at Hobby Lobby, but when I went to link it, it's mainly at places like Createforless or Overstock.  I linked it at the one scrapbook store that I could find.

I have linked the basic Fishtail dies but I actually never know whether I am using a die from the basic set or the Layers set which fits in between the basic set.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...she's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a lucky lady! Love the blue/ yellow combo, gives your card a vibrant feel. :-)
    Great layering too, it's not my forte either, ha, ha. I like coloring images better. :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Kim!! Love it and it is a great reflection of Moe's style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card captures Maureen's knack for pairing papers and creating layers beautifully! She'll absolutely adore this, as do I! So pretty; so thoughtful!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do most of my cards like this and I still like the look. I think you did very well in your layering and paper choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Kim. I love all those luscious papers and that blue word die just steals the show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving how you layered those papers. They are fabulous!! I LOVE the pop of blue. Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You layered this beautifully Kim!! Love that you pulled the bright blue from the DP to the front for the sentiment die cut. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card...love all your fabulous layers. So many pretty details, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing layering, great choice of patterns :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!