Set 275 - Merry
I'm done with my last two Christmas sets on my quest to make sure that all of my Stampin' Up sets see ink in 2010!! Whew! What a relief! You might see a few more Christmas cards on this blog because I do have other sets that have a Christmas stamp in them - but I am now done with the sets that are ONLY Christmas.
The layout for this cards comes from Inkspirations. I started with their sketch but just kept being "forced" into changes so it ended up not looking quite like it was supposed to. But...creativity is good, right? I ended up stretching the sketch horizontally so my hat fit. Then I used snowflakes for the circle in the sketch. Hopefully you can see some resemblance to the sketch!
The colors come from ColourQ. I really hate Glorious Green - it was the color that I would NOT miss with the recent Stampin' Up Color Renovation. "Merry" was the second to the last Christmas set that I had to use and I knew this hat would work with stripes - so out came the dreaded Glorious Green!
Set 276 - Patterned Pines
I continue to make my goal almost unobtainable as the set Patterned Pines just came in the mail from an E-Bay purchase. You would think that I would stop buying stamps so that I could actually finish my goal. But...I never stop...I'm an addict!
This is for the Pals Paper Arts challenge which is basically "white" - - - make white center stage with this photo as an inspiration. )I did add a touch of gold because I wanted to use this elegant ribbon - but all else is white.)
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Merry
- Inks: Stampin' Up Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Glorious Green, and Daffodil markers
- Paper: Stampin' Up Glorious Green, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red
- Accessories: Stampin' Up Turquoise grosgrain, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Stampin' Up felt snowflakes
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Patterned Pines
- Inks: Versamark
- Paper: white
- Accessories: PSX Bridal Embossing Powder, Sizzix tag die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, ribbon from Hobby Lobby