Today's Clean and Simple challenge at SplitCoast was to CASE a specific card by Biggan. I have always admired her cards, so HAD to play along:
Birgit's gallery is just gorgeous. One thing that I noticed right away is a lot of textured paper - even to stamp on. That small touch makes each of her cards so interesting, so I had to try textured paper.
I also played along with the Pal's Paper Arts challenge which was "white" along with this inspiration piece:
- Stamps: none!
- Inks: none!
- Paper: Bazzill white textured, misc gold
- Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, EK Success leaf punch, Mark Richards gold nailheads
Oh my gosh! I got a blog award!! Andrea at EnchantINK sent me this:
As part of the award, now I have to tell you eight things about myself. My blog is only a month old so I haven't had to do this before, but I will tell you that I am nervous about it! As I have read other people's blogs, their lists are always so funny and so creative. I do NOT have funny and creative writing skills. My life isn't particularly funny (it's wonderful, but fairly normal and basic) and I have such a small amount of creativity that I have to save it for my cards!! But here goes nothing...
- My other creative outlet is music. I play piano for church services. I also dabble at organ, clarinet, recorder, penny whistle, hammered dulcimer and kantele.
- My living room is no longer for "living", it has become a music room. The center is fully taken up with a piano and organ. The outer edges are full of my instruments, plus my children's trumpet and saxophone plus a variety of other odd things such as an accordian.
- My children and I have fully converted my non-musical husband. When my 6'2" 14-year old announced that he would rather be in marching band than play on the basketball team, my husband (a former hard-core athlete) said that he had come to realize musical groups were teams too!
- I am a recipe-follower. I don't vary recipes by a smidge. If I don't have a certain spice, I don't make the recipe. This definitely makes me wonder how I can be a cardmaker as I am clearly lacking a creative, adventurous spirit.
- My entire life is on my iPod Touch (not to mention a fair number of games). My husband chastises my children for being on their iPods too much. If only he knew about me!! Having said that, a lot of my apps are essential(?) organizational apps and cookbooks (to find those recipes for which I have exactly the right ingredients!) I even have a database app on which I have databases for such things as every Stampin' Up paper that I own sorted by color and every ribbon that I own that coordinates with the paper.
- I follow 142 blogs. I probably should narrow that down but everybody has their own style or focuses on different companies. (More on this later!)
- I am a mathematician by training - an actuary! I spent over 15 years in the actuarial profession before I realized that I really wanted to be a full time mom - and I have no regrets!
- I am fairly anal and obsessive! Not a big surprise if you read the first 7 comments!
Now I am supposed to pass this along, but here's my problem. I do follow 142 blogs and should have plenty to choose from. But I have followed these blogs on Google Reader which makes it an extra step to leave comments and, more importantly, to establish relationships. I haven't left a lot of comments. Now that I have started my own blog, I realize how wonderful it feels to get comments and to get to know those that are leaving the comments. So I am fully resolved to change my ways and to take time to share my joy at seeing everybody's cards. For now, I am not going to pass along this award - the recipients would scratch their heads and wonder "who gave this to me"? But if I ever get another award - watch out - I will have plenty of blog friends to share it with!