|Today in the city of David|
a Savior has been born to you;
He is Christ the Lord.
I hope your Christmas has been merry!
Christmas Eve is always very busy for us. My oldest son and I were involved in all three church services last night. I played organ/piano duets and in the bell choir. My son worked in the sound booth taping the services and then he was a little "elf" helper for the bell choir. Between services, all of us who were there for the evening were served a wonderful lasagna dinner. My husband and youngest son came for one of the services and then they hung out at home eating leftovers!!
I love all of the the church services but I am exhausted! After all the rush of this month and our busy Christmas Eve, the "peace" of Christmas is finally descending on me this morning. I am sitting here on Christmas morning in complete surprise that my children are not up yet for presents. So I am enjoying a cup of coffee and reading blogs. What a wonderful way to start my day!
I have a few last Christmas cards to share.
|For my husband - I'm not saying he's overweight...|
OK, maybe I am. He is also totally scruffy as he
participated in No-Shave November and hasn't
shaved it off yet!
|For my youngest - Erik is my stubborn and|
opinionated child so we tend to regularly
find ourselves at odds. I'm hoping he
is amused by this instead of thinking I'm
making a statement!
|For my oldest - Andrew is my teenager, with the typical|
teen sense of humor. I thought that he would
appreciate this odd little play on words
I also made sets of cards as a Christmas gift for our bell choir director and for our church pianist/organist.
|This was for the bell choir director for all of us to sign.|
As much as I love Christmas colors and papers and glitter and beautiful stamps, I am glad to be done with all of the cards. I'm going to spend tomorrow getting them all put away and then I need to get back to my goal of using all of my SU sets!! I only have one week to finish. Watch for lots and lots of posts!
Four Stages of Life Santa
- Stamps: Darcie's Clear Set
- Inks: Memento black, copics, Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel (on edges)
- Paper: Stampin' Up Bashful Blue, Garden Green, unknown dsp scrap
- Accessories: Stampin' Up Poppy ribbon, decorative label punch, Cuttlebug snowflakes, Martha Stewart white flock
Is It Too Late?
- Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas (Note: the sentiment is actually computer generated because I seem to have lost the actual stamps)
- Inks: Memento Black, copics
- Paper: PaperTrey Ink Ripe Avocado, Scarlet Jewel, Basic Grey dsp
- Accessories: PaperTrey Scarlet Jewel ribbon, EK Success border punch, various stickles
- Challenge: Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge
Peas on Earth
- Stamps: Penny Black
- Inks: Memento Black, copics
- Paper: Stampin' Up Dashing, Real Red, Old Olive
- Accessories: Stampin' Up Old Olive satin, decorative label punch
- Challenges: Technostamper sketch challenge
God Bless Us Everyone
- Stamps: Impression Obsession
- Ink: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel on edges
- Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Deck the Halls dsp, misc scrap of gold on bell
- Accessories: Stampin' Up Artichoke seam binding, Cricut Quarter Note cartridge
- Challenge: Lord Have Mercy sketch challenge
Musical Gift Sets
- Stamps: Verve thank you and birthday, H&M Stamps friend, PaperTrey May the Lord, Stampendous musical background
- Ink: Stampin' Up Celery, Saffron, Rose Red, Baja
- Paper: Stampin' Up CS and dsp in Celery, Saffron, Rose Red, Baja
- Accessories: Cricut Quarter Note Cartridge, misc black satin
- Challenge: same as previous card (looks really different, doesn't it?)